Aspire V5-573PG Wifi is dropping or very slow

mola
mola Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

In a 2.4GHz network the connection seems to be possible but it is slow and it doesn´t always connect. If I must use BT-connection at the same time I need to reboot.

In a mixed 2.5 and 5GHz network it connects but is impossible to use. Starting up a browser it only reads: No connection to the Internet.

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please tell us the make and model of your WiFi card, you could try different DNS provider(eg;OpenDNS, GoogleDNS), also try try installing different driver version for your laptop.

• mola

Tinkerer

Hi,

thank you for answering. Its a Broadcom 802.11n with driver 6.30.223.170. I have removed the card, and even replaced it, but the problem remained. I then reinstalled the driver, no change.

I can see all wifi networks, but connecting is another story.

I use this computer both at home and at work. It´s two separate networks connected to two different isp:s

• Hi,

Please check whether the ariel cables(metal part) doesn't touch the adjoing screw as in my snip.

Capture.JPG

• mola

Tinkerer

No, that not the problem2017-02-19-15.10.46(2).jpg

• pdnRPH
    pdnRPH Member Posts: 30 New User

Not dropping, but the wifi is dreadfully slow. Acer needs to give us a new driver. Further the driver that is on the site as an update will give you a BSOD after Creators Update. ACER PLEASE HELP.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

You could try few things, reinstalling the driver, clearing the cache, switching to different DNS address.

1. Go to Device manager, expand Network adapter, right click your WiFi and select properties, go to Driver tab, uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

2.Open cmd as Admin, type or copy and paste  ipconfig /flushdns  press enter.

3. Open Network Internet settings( click Start, settings, click Network and Internet, click Change adapter options, right click your WiFi, Properties and highlight IPV4, click Properties, switch to either OpenDNS or Google DNS.

Open DNS: 208.67.222.222

Google DNS: 8.8.8.8

Try these and let us know whether it helps.

Capture6.JPG

• mola

Tinkerer

Thank you for your reply.

There´s no difference really. I checked the performance before and after taking these steps, and connection is from "no Internet connection" up to 5% of full ratio (100GB) in both cases.
    It seems that the problem is more prominent when there is a 5GHz network present, even if it´s not connected to it.

• pdnRPH
    pdnRPH Member Posts: 30 New User
    It's all about driver, driver, driver. Acer needs to help us