Aspire V3-772G: no POST / black display

daviddever
daviddever Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I purchased an Acer Aspire V3-772G-9822 laptop in August 2013.

I had the original unit exchanged by the retailer due to a faulty screen (green line running down the display).

I also had the mainboard replaced near the end of the warranty period due to an internal fault with the power supply [case #3414447U].

I am now just outside the warranty period, with (ostensibly) a new mainboard, and the unit will not boot (and, of course, on a weekend with a tight deadline, mind you).

• I have tried the remove-battery-and-power-supply-and-press-button exercise (restting the power management IC, I presume) - no success
  • I have checked / re-seated / removed any / all / each internal SATA drives - no success
  • I have removed the memory (unit off) to see if I'd get a POST beep error message - no success

I am an experienced technician / engineer and am well familiar with the problems that can occur - my gripe is that this machine has never been right since I purchased it, and I'd expect that a new mainboard should NOT be exhibiting any problems this far into its service life.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• daviddever
    daviddever Member Posts: 2 New User

I should also point out that the repair was performed within the last 90 days, but that the Customer Service portal does not recongnize this as a warranty repair.