Aspire V3-572P Graphics drivers out of date.

kek52
kek52 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Like mentioned my Aspire laptop hasn't recieved a graphics driver update in almost two years. The only driver options this website provides are similarly out of date, and the laptop doesn't seem to recognise the intel generic drivers in any capacity.

Is there some approach I'm missing for this problem, or is some sort of update in the works? Please let me know, as this is starting to become a major issue for me.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

>>>The only driver options this website provides are similarly out of date>>>this is starting to become a major issue for me.>>>

What issue are you having? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kek52

Games and videos crashing (especially stuff created and/or overhauleded within the past few months).

I know for example, with games like Kindergaten on Steam, anyone with an Acer Aspire is unable to play.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Use the "Have Disk" method to manually install the correct updated driver from Intel.  You must download the zip file and watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kek52

After a few (like, ten) hurdles unmentioned in the video, I managed to get it to work. Kudos.

• JackE

Congrats Kek! Would you care to share the 10 'unmentioned' hurdles you had to make? And thanks to Jordan for pointing us in the right direction! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JordanB

Yes, I would also be interested in the 10 unmentioned hurdles too, because honestly I just did the same thing as you and updated my graphics driver using the "Have Disk" method and that youtube video I gave you didn't leave out any steps or add any unmentioned hurdles on my computer.

• kek52

Really, it's just many of the same hurdle. The system made it unclear as to which drivers would be compatible, and the four generic intel drivers for Windows 10 each had over a dozen small variations in its driver within, whereas the tutorial simply showed one option at the final phase.

• JackE

>>>whereas the tutorial simply showed one option at the final phase.>>>

Was it the same option that worked for you? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JordanB

Ok, that wasn't my experience, however intel may be sticking multiple platforms in the same driver package.

If you want make sure you're using the latest driver for your computer, then you have to post your complete model #.  V3-572P can refer to either Haswell-ULT or Broadwell-ULT.  And you didn't post your operating system.

I gave you the best info I had based on the limited information you provided.  Good luck.