Acer Community is in read-only mode until further notice due to maintenance.

Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspire One AOD257 - clean wipe from bootup?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Hi all.

Just bought one of these at a local auction house and the previous owner hasn't wiped it and it comes up with their name and asks for a password.

I do understand from these posts that you won't advise on how to get past passwords, and I've no desire to do that.

However I would obviously like to get the wee thing completely wiped back to its initial factory settings so I can use it - is this also considered a no-no on this forum?

If so, any suggestions, please?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ACE Trailblazer

Re: Aspire One AOD257 - clean wipe from bootup?

if you are talking about windows login request, you can try a factory reset pressing Alt+F10 keys at boot.

If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution", the post that solved your problem.
I'm not an Acer employee, i'm unemployed.
2 REPLIES
ACE Trailblazer

if you are talking about windows login request, you can try a factory reset pressing Alt+F10 keys at boot.

If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution", the post that solved your problem.
I'm not an Acer employee, i'm unemployed.
New User

Thank you.

Yes, I was successfully able to do a complete restore.

Neat little machine! Next issue is how to video and sound on a larger screen - it doesn;t have an HDMI socket so I don't know yet if there's any way to do this? But I guess that's for a new thread!

Many thanks :-)

Announcements
Maintenance Notice:

The Acer Community will be going under Maintenance shortly. Click here to read more.

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to welcome Acer-Manny to the Acer Team! Acer-Manny will be in charge of moderation for the Spanish Community, but you may also see him from time to time in the English and Portuguese communities.

Acer-Manny
Acer Crew

Acer Crew