Aspire One AOA150 WLAN reinstall problems

ka5p
ka5p Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Downloaded Acer WLAN software from Acer site. But do not understand how to make it work in the computer. It is a Zip file but I have no idea how to unzip and then install it in the machine. Non-computer literate senior citizen seeks help. Thanks.

Best Answer

• ka5p
    Answer ✓

Thanks so much for the concern and input. I am my own worst enemy....trying to prep the Aspire for my young 4 yr old GrandDaughter and inadvertently removed the WLAN from the machine. I piddled with it and downloaded Atheros and, while I have absolutely no idea what I did, I was able to get the new download to work. As such; for the moment all is well!! Thanks again for the concern!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Is there a problem with the existing WLAN software? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ka5p
    Answer ✓

Thanks so much for the concern and input. I am my own worst enemy....trying to prep the Aspire for my young 4 yr old GrandDaughter and inadvertently removed the WLAN from the machine. I piddled with it and downloaded Atheros and, while I have absolutely no idea what I did, I was able to get the new download to work. As such; for the moment all is well!! Thanks again for the concern!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>I have absolutely no idea what I did, I was able to get the new download to work. >>>

Heh-heh. Good for you! I'd guess that what probably happened is that on a cold-boot, Windows automatically detected the WLAN  & reloaded its missing driver. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ