Aspire ES1-111 eRecovery Medium

aher
aher Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi, I've got an Aspire ES1-111 that had a failure of its emmc, recovery partition is shot and the bios has trouble booting from the recovery stick. The acer shop has no eRecovery stick for the ES1-111 and the repair-page says the SNID is not eligible for the service.

I'm basically left with a brick because there is no legal way to get another copy of "Win 8.1 with Bing" since it's OEM stuff and I'm obviously not a reseller. Short of buying Win 8.1 for half the device's price, what can I do?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Have you checked at with the SNID and serial number at the correct regional website.

If you computer is in warranty you may contact Acer German technical support here Acer German support

You may contact them directly and check the warranty information and send it for repair.

Answers

• Sharanji

May i know the country from where you have purchased the Aspire ES1-111?

• aher
    aher Member Posts: 2 New User

The Aspire ES1-111 was bought and still is in Germany.

Vendor: hardwareversand.de

It lists as "Acer Aspire ES1-111-C138 (NX.MRSEG.001)", to be specific.

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓

Have you checked at with the SNID and serial number at the correct regional website.

If you computer is in warranty you may contact Acer German technical support here Acer German support

You may contact them directly and check the warranty information and send it for repair.