Aspire E5-532 Windows 7 drivers

affinityhb
affinityhb Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Are there any Aspire E5-532 Windows 7 drivers    ....Like (USB) driver and chipset, network controller (believe thats wifi as I can get online with Ethernet port), and sm Bus Controller

I have successfully win 7 and installed the other drivers for Windows 7, but I am not able to find the appropriate driver for "Universal Serial Bus driver (USB)", (USB) driver and chipset, network controller and sm Bus Controller

Does anybody know whereis the appropriate drivers are?

Thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Are you trying to upgrade from Win8.1 or Win10? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• affinityhb

Tinkerer

Came with win10 but supposed to come with win7... more stable and don’t like being spied on. It’s for a handicap person with a bunch of accessibility add-ons only for win7.

• JackE

>>>supposed to come with win7>>>accessibility add-ons only for win7.>>>

Probably not from the factory. Was it a special order? Was Win7 compatibility mode used in trying to install & run the add-ons under Win10? Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• affinityhb

Tinkerer

Are we now trying to resolve my order or the question I posted..? (I am dealing with what I have) Sooo...

Are there any Aspire E5-532 drivers that will work for Windows 7?

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated.

V/r

Thank you

• JackE

Sorry. I'm trying to understand if you still have Win10 installed and tried to install the add-ons in Win7 compatibility mode ? Or have you already gone past that point and installed Win7? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• affinityhb

Tinkerer

Yes past that...

New Hdd, installed win 7, can get online but a few items listed in device manager with exclamation marks..

I saw folks get help with just his type of issue so I'm trying this out.

USB Hardware iD: pci\ven_8086&dev_22b5&subsys_099d1025&rev_21

I can get the others if needed.

• JackE

>>>can get online >>>

As long as you're online, have you tried to let Windows autosearch for the best drivers in Device Mgr? Another thing that sometimes work is to let Windows search off-line so it's forced to use whatever drivers are already in its Win7 cab archives --- sometimes it'll choose another driver than it did during the installation process. Jack E/NJ

PS: When it was under Win10, did you also try to install & run the Win7 add-ons in Win7 compatibility mode? 

Jack E/NJ

• affinityhb

Tinkerer

Yes, I have tried that.....
  • JackE

>>>New Hdd, installed win 7,>>>

What BIOS settings were changed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• affinityhb

Tinkerer

Only the UEFI settings. to legacy... There are no USB settings.

• affinityhb

Tinkerer

Do you know the answer to the question I asked...? 

----->> Are there any Aspire E5-532 Windows 7 drivers?

• JackE

That's a main issue related to my earlier question about the possibility of a special factory order. Because my sources show it was only sold with factory-installed Win8.1 or Win10 drivers. I think It'd be a *****-shoot and a nightmare trying to identify similar models with similar carded or integrated adapters/peripherals that sold with factory-delivered Win7 and then trying each of their Win7 drivers hoping to find those that might work on this machine under Win7. I'm gonna make a wild guess that if the Win7 add-ons failed to install and/or run properly in Win7 compatibility mode under Win10, they're likely to act similarly even if you find the Win7 drivers that show no Win7 Device Mgr issues. Sorry I can't be more optimistic or helpful to you on this. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• affinityhb

Tinkerer

I thought I asked a pretty simple straight forward question.. only needing a yes or no.. or a link to drivers..
    I understand what you are saying, It just didn’t directly answer my question after all this time.
    The resolution is return this and get a system that is win 7 compatible.
    Also note it probably won’t be an ACER seeing as my experience with support shows my time and money spent isn’t valued.
    Returns are easy, except when it comes to support... It’s hard to get customers to "return" after bad support...

Do you know the answer to the question I asked...?

----->> Are there any Aspire E5-532 Windows 7 drivers?

[inappropriate content removed]

• JackE

>>>Came with win10 but supposed to come with win7... more stable and don’t like being spied on. It’s for a handicap person with a bunch of accessibility add-ons only for win7.>>>

I was originally trying to figure out why you said it was supposed to come with Win7. Because I thought you might've asked sales for a special factory Win7 order for this machine. It seemed to me like a reasonable request in this case given the need. That's why I asked. There may be Win7 drivers out there that will work, I just don't know of any off the top of my head or from my usual sources. Finally, this community is a user group, not support employees. Sorry for the confusion. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Bob_d543279
    Bob_d543279 Member Posts: 1 New User

This is pretty sad,  it's a simple question.  Are there windows 7 drivers or not.  If so, where can I get it?  The fact that it was supposed to come with windows 7 is irrelevant to your original question.  I believe he just doesn't know.  The website has drivers for 8.1 and 10.  I'm looking to dump windows 10 because this thing is absolutely awful on that bloated OS.  Also the case for privacy is another reason.  You are better off looking elswhere because it looks like you won't get anything here.

• AASHISHMOBILES
    AASHISHMOBILES Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sir share me correct driver of USB for window 7 64bit
    Aspire e5 e532