Aspire A315-51 rebooting instead of waking up

Rapp
Rapp Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
When i put my laptop into sleep mode and open the lid back it would restart or reboot itself and all my works are gone. I've already installed the latest bios and chipset driver but nothing changed. What should i do? Thank you!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>When i put my laptop into sleep mode and open the lid back [up] >>>

Does it still re-boot when you put it in sleep mode --- BUT NOT CLOSE THE LID --- then tap a key to wake it back up? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rapp
    Yes Sir

What should i do?
  • Rapp
    Yes sir
  • JackE

Did this suddenly happen? If yes, goto Control Panel and search 'lid'. Please check to see if the various setting options are what you want to happen on closing the lid. If not or uncertain, experiment with the settings to see if the unwanted rebooting behavior disappears. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Rapp
    It happened last week and still continued until this time
  • JackE

Did this seem to happen immediately after a Win10 update? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rapp
    No sir
  • JackE

Open Control Panel. Search 'LID'. Please check if the various setting options are what you intend on closing the lid. If not or uncertain, experiment with these settings to see if the unwanted rebooting behavior disappears. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Rapp
    i've already did those but nothing changed
  • JackE

>>>It happened last week and still continued until this time >>>

If you know the approximate date & time that this happened last week, we can possibly recover your system settings from a restore point at an  immediately preceding date & time.

Open Control Panel again. Search "restore point". Look for a restore point that immediately precedes the date & time that you think the problem started.

If this recovery procedure from a restore point does not fix the issue, then a hardware problem probably exists.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Rapp
    I do not really know sir the exact date wheb this problem started.

And i also i did not make an restore point
  • JackE

That's OK. If WinUpdates have been regularly installed, they should automatically create restore points. Please go to Control Panel and search again for  "restore point". If none are shown, then click on "show more restore points" box. Winupdates should show restore points for at least a month. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Rapp
    After doing it what will Happpen?
  • JackE

It should restore your Windows system settings and programs to the way they were at the date & time of the restore point. Personal data files shouldn't be affected. But any programs that you installed that also might be affecting booting behavior after that date & time would be deleted. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ