Anyone know why the networkadapter is not seen after fresh install OS7 (7738g)

Options
RobRoeleveld
RobRoeleveld Member Posts: 1 New User

Just had a mindblowing idea. Let's do a fresh install after detecting malware on the OS. So, install began, all good, new OS7Win on the system, but wait, no more networkadapter present on my 7738g. Let's go to the ACER site and download every inf or *exe what seems to be ok for the system (search $7738g). No driver of *inf file will bring my networkadapter to life.

OS Windows 7 Home edition (fully legal by the way)

Acer Aspire 7738g. Still in excelent and mint condition.

Does anyone know how to bring this adapter back to life?

Thank in advance for your support.

Rob.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

Acer only provides support for the operating system that originally shipped with your computer. Acer will not be able to assist with nor provide support for upgrading or changing the operating system.

If your computer was eligible for an operating system upgrade or downgrade through an Acer upgrade or downgrade promotion, these operating systems will be supported, provided the upgrade or downgrade was done by using Acer upgrade or downgrade media.

If you have any question, you could contact Acer support in your region http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

I see that your computer is out of warranty, but you can Acer and see if there is a suggestion.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Have you tried opening the adapter in Device Manager then Update Driver and select Have Disk. Tell it to look in C:\Windows and subdirectories. Swee if it finds the adapter.