Acer aspire7741z

Seaboltd
Seaboltd Member Posts: 7 New User

I recently contacted the aceer store to purchase the software to reset my notebook after it crashed. I completed all the steps to reset to factory mode just as the instructios said. However, just before the language cd finished it gave me an error. When it rebooted it said the boot manager is missing.  Does anyone know what can be done to fix this?

Best Answer

• Seaboltd
    Answer ✓
    I tried the alt f10...system is booting...omg...i might not have had to purchase thise cds at all...looks like this is working...I really cant say THANK YOU enough. Thank you and have a wonderful memorial day weekend!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer

What was the error message before the language CD finished?

At this point, you can try doing a cold boot. At the Acer logo, press F2 to enter the bios. Make sure the hard drive is properly detected and identified. If it is, press F10 to exit and save, and allow boot process to continue.

If you still get the same boot manager missing error, re-try the eRecovery procedure but please note what any error messages actually say.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Seaboltd
    The error message before the language cd ends is "fail to customize WinRE for recovery utility...this makes the 5th or 6th time I have run the cds. I have cleaned each one before putting them in the drive and still the same message. I just dont understand.
  • JackE

>>>I recently contacted the aceer store to purchase the software to reset my notebook after it crashed>>>

OK. Before proceeding any further, we have to know if you tried the Alt+F10 boot erecovery procedure BEFORE you purchased the reset media?

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Seaboltd
    No noone mentioned that...how does that work?
  • JackE

Follow this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ

Report back with results.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Seaboltd
    Answer ✓
    I tried the alt f10...system is booting...omg...i might not have had to purchase thise cds at all...looks like this is working...I really cant say THANK YOU enough. Thank you and have a wonderful memorial day weekend!
  • JackE

Good going! Congrats on your success. As a precaution, I suggest that once you're up and running again, you right click on the Start button to open Windows file explorer. Then right click on your C: drive. Click properties. Then disk tools. And check the drive for erros.  Have a great rest-of-the-holiday too!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Seaboltd
    Ok will do. I am up and running. I had downloaded windows 10 before the crash and didnt have a restore point. I would like to try again but am a bit gun shy at this point. Any advice in case i do?
  • JackE

>>>I would like to try again but am a bit gun shy at this point. Any advice in case i do? >>>

Try again? No! Become a more gun shy, not less, if you plan to continue using the 7741z as your workhorse. Some reports suggest that the hidden eRecovery partition on your hard drive that just got your Win7 back up and running again could be compromised by playing around with this download.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Seaboltd
    Ok great! I am glad i asked. What about IE 11?
  • JackE

IE 11 is fine. You can usually do so thru the normal Windows update process. It's probably listed as an optional update which you can checkmark to automatically load.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Seaboltd
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the tume to answer my questions. I think i am good now. I wont take up your time. Enjoy the rest of your day. And seriously Thank you!