Acer aspire one

Chrissynewbee12
Chrissynewbee12 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello I'm new to this. I have had an Acer aspire one for a while (second hand) and I have had issues with it for a while now. It says it is missing a file . \windows\system32\config\system . I have no disc tray on mine. And I have tried every boot up option.

My partner tried a reboot again and it came up with this.....
<WINDOWS root="">\system32\hal.dll

Please help me.

P .S. I only have the Acer and a mobile phone. </WINDOWS>

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

It would help to know which Aspire One model number you have. However, you can try to recover the original factory settings from a hidden partition on the hard drive if it is still intact.  Just follow the instructions in this video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chrissynewbee12
    I have an Acer aspire one D255-2BQrr
    Acer aspire one series
    MODEL no: PAV70
  • JackE

OK, your system probably has Windows XP installed. First, shut down all power to the machine. Then re-start. At the ACER logo splash screen, tap F2 to enter the BIOS menu. In the BOOT dropdown menu, make sure D2D recovery option setting is enabled. Then F10 to exit the BIOS menu and save the BIOS setting.

Then shut down all power to the machine again. Then follow this youtube video  using the Alt+F10 startup recovery method.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ There may be variations in the recovery options you see due to the differences between Windows XP and Windows 7.

If the hidden ACER recovery partition on the hard drive is still intact, the Alt+F10 startup recovery method should return the system to a factory-fresh state. Good luck.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chrissynewbee12
    Done all that. Still nothing has worked.
  • JackE

What was the BIOS's initial recovery setting? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ