Acer aspire 5 a515 51g 55a5 can't support tf2

Lihspang
Lihspang Member Posts: 18 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

So,I bought a acer aspire 5 a515 51g 55a5 recently for my school,but I wanna try out some games so when I downloaded and launched team fortress 2,I get like 60 fps at low or medium and fps crashes always happen that I mostly get 15.Geforce experience told me to optimise it to very high!unistalled it and nothing happened!need help! Would appreciate if you can help me!

Answers

• Lihspang

And every time when I start windows all my files' color are black need help only fix it when I press alt and windows button any solutions to set it to white color every time I open windows!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>unistalled it and nothing happened!>>>

Uninstalled what? The graphics card driver? The game? What did you uninstall?

>>>every time when I start windows all my files' color are black >>>

Right click an empty space on your desktop. Then left click on "personalize"  and choose another desktop theme to something like "windows classic" to see how you like it.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lihspang

I mean uninstalled GeForce experience but nothing happened

• JackE

Re-install Experience. Re-boot if necessary. Then right click on an empty desktop space. Open the GeForce Nvidia control panel to manage 3D settings. Pick the GeForce as the default graphics card for 3D. You may have to re-boot to enable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lihspang

Tried,nah nothing happened

• Lihspang

Well the laptop is pretty **bleep**ed up keep auto restarting when I am doing homework can't even launch tf2 well.

[inappropriate content removed]

• JackE

>>>Tried,nah nothing happened>>>

Did the graphics control panel even appear? Jack E/Nj

Jack E/NJ

• Lihspang

Yep I changed and nothing happened and this laptop is so slowwwwww like ****

• JackE

Do you want to try to re-set to a factory-fresh state? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lihspang

Wats dat

• JackE

Restores the Windows system to the way it was when you first got the machine from a hidden ACER recovery partition. You have the option of saving your data. Follow this video if you're 'game'. You must start the process from a complete power off state. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuljT0a8F7I   Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Lihspang

Are there other ways beside reformatting I just want my laptop run faster/smoother and what is turbo boost will my laptop overheat if I do it and how can I turbo boost

• JackE

Did your laptop ever seem to run faster/smoother than it does right now?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lihspang

I think nope

• JackE

Does Device Mgr show any device driver issues? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lihspang

Wats dat

• JackE

Go to Start. Search 'Device Manager'. Open it. Do you see any red X's or yellow warning icons on the hardware device list that should pop up? Particularly in the Display Adapter category?   

If you see no Device Mgr issues, then I have some comments about gaming your machine.

The A515's dual core CPU seems to be a bare minimum need for TF2. But its 2.5GHz speed is BELOW minimum to run TF2!  UNLESS it's plugged in so that 3.1GHz Turbo speed automatically kicks in. Only then will the speed be high enough reach the required minimum TF2 speed. So bottom line, TF2 apparently won't run or run properly on the battery alone. The machine must be plugged in!

Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

• Lihspang

So how u enable turbo boost?

• JackE

>>>So how u enable turbo boost?>>>

TurboBoost is automatically enabled by the gaming software when needed ***but only if your machine is plugged in***.  It is automatically disabled when unplugged. In other words, TurboBoost is NOT available when running on the battery alone due to the power demand would drain it too fast. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Lihspang

So the summary is that my laptop can't support tf2 nah it says my gpu can support tf2 ultra settings https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-MX150-Benchmark-and-Specs-of-the-GT-1030-for-Laptops.223530.0.html

so so the bigger ram I have the better the gpu can perform?

[inappropriate content removed]