Acer Crystal Eye running while update, now black screen, video not saved.

waltercorreaiii
waltercorreaiii Member Posts: 1 New User

the windows update for 7 went on automatically and restarted my computer while it was running.  so now the camera records but when I stop it a blank screen pops down on the bottom like nothing recorded at all.  plus its the screen where I delete it but it keeps coming back.  

don't have any solutions.  I went to the device manager, stopped the usb ports to disable and enable, don't know why that hasn't worked.  it also says the device is working properly.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Now I tried to restore but now I know why people hate windows 7 because the it not the same restore like vista and theres no restore point. 

I uninstalled again and now it works but not really sure because all the ones that appeared black were long videos over 12 hours.  I've never had that problem before.  So NOW it may work but not really sure until a long video proves me wrong. 

Windows 7, Aspire V5-131

*****I went to the acer support and guess what? it doesn't recognize my serial numbers.  so how in the world am I suppose to contact them?*****

anyone experience the exact same thing and knows the fix?  please help!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Please try installing te webcan application Acer Cyberlink Webcam App.
    You also have the option to restore the webcam driver and application from Acer recovery management.
    You may need to enter the serial numbers in the correct wensite as per the country of purchase and it would be recognized.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.