Acer Aspire one AO1-431-C2GN

TriciaJoseph
TriciaJoseph Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi

I saved up and bought an Acer Aspire one cloudbook AO1-431-c2gn and have been unsuccessful in activating Microsoft office  (free 2 month subscription ),  I'm really disappointed because I need this application for my college work (I'm a mature returning student of 46!) and I'm wondering if you could supply me with the product code it's asking for. 

I do not have enough money to subscribe independently because I also work full time to pay for university and have a family to support.   Would it be at all possible to advise me on what I can do because I'm so upset that I can't find the product activation code and really need some advice.

Many thanks for reading this post  Smiley Happy

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

>>>I need this application for my college work (I'm a mature returning student >>>

If you google "Microsoft Office" "student edition" with the quotes, you may qualify for a free or discounted subscription. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

Did the seller advertise it with a free 2-month subscription to Microsoft Office? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• TriciaJoseph

Hi

Thank you for replying.

It was advertised with a 12 month subscription but I thought it came with the laptop and when I've re read the description, it doesn't actually specify that the subscription is included!  I guess it's my own fault for failing to read it properly! (Lesson learned ) .

Is it worth contacting Acer directly or would they not be interested in helping me out do you think? 

• JackE

Can you post a copy of both the seller's sale advertisement & seller's description details (the fine print)? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TriciaJoseph
    ACER AO1-431 INTEL CELERON 1.6 MHZ 2GB RAM 32GB 14" WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP-BLUE/WHITE RRP £249.99
    BUY IT NOW PRICE: £99.99

FEATURES

• Brand Acer
    • Hard Drive/Storage Capacity 32GB
    • Memory (RAM) 2GB
    • Screen Size 14"
    • Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    • Color White/Blue

Luzern Tech Kpis

PRODUCT INFORMATION

• Brand Acer
    • Memory Card Slot SD
    • Number Of USB 2.0 Ports 1
    • Number Of USB 3.0 Ports 1
    • Number Of HDMI Ports 1
    • Hard Drive/Storage Capacity 32GB
    • Optical Drive Type No
    • Sound & Speakers Stereo speakers
    • Memory (RAM) 2GB
    • Product Height 339.4 Millimetre
    • Product Width 234.9 Millimetre
    • Product Depth 8.6 Millimetre
    • Product Weight 1.6 Kilogram
    • Screen Size 14"
    • Screen Type LED
    • Screen Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels
    • Graphics Chipset Integrated (Intel HD Graphics)
    • Graphics Card Type Shared
    • Type Windows laptop
    • Operating System Microsoft Windows 10
    • Colour White/Blue
    • Wi-Fi/3G/4G Wi-Fi Only
    • Wi-Fi Type 802.11b/g/n
    • Bluetooth Yes - 4.0
    • Processor Intel Celeron
    • Processor Core Count Dual-Core
    • Processor Model Number N3050
    • Processor Speed (GHz) 1.6
  • TriciaJoseph

Have I managed to include the details of what you needed to see? (I'm quite proud of myself for managing to copy/paste it!)

• JackE

Where did you see the reference to Microsoft Office?  Is this a refurbished machine?  Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• TriciaJoseph
    Hi
    I thought it was new but now think it's refurbished!
    The sticker on the machine stated that it came with a 12 month subscription to Microsoft office and I had 6 months to activate it ,
  • JackE

>>>I thought it was new but now think it's refurbished!>>>

This seems to be correct. Did you buy this refurbished machine online? Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• TriciaJoseph
    Yeah I bought it from ebay and when I had a look at the specs, it says it's a grade A refurbished laptop!
    I now realise I misread the ad but the machine itself is in perfect condition.
    I think that the 12 month subscription probably only applies when buying a brand spanking new model.
  • JackE

Did you see this sticker in the Ebay advertisement before you bought it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TriciaJoseph
    Unfortunately I did not see the sticker prior to purchasing it and I was only aware of it when it arrived and I noticed the sticker to the right of the mouse pad detailing the cloud storage, 12 month subscription, etc.
    it's completely my own fault and I guess the offer doesn't apply to buying a refurbished laptop!
  • JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>I need this application for my college work (I'm a mature returning student >>>

If you google "Microsoft Office" "student edition" with the quotes, you may qualify for a free or discounted subscription. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TriciaJoseph
    Thanks for all your time (and patience) I am extremely grateful for your help and advice. I've never before posted on a forum such as this and you've made it a really positive experience Smiley Happy
    Thank you x
  • JackE

Hope you can arrange to get the software you need. Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ