Acer Aspire V3-772G-9460 Ram Inquiry

2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

For 16GB of total installed memory, it's probably best to populate one bank with 2 matching 8GB modules (Crucial's 16GB kit) or both banks with 4 matching 4GB modules (two of Crucial's 8GB kits). But I also think that your system is working OK even though your existing memory modules may not match.

So I propose two experiments. (1) Fill only one memory bank with two matching 4GB modules to see what percentage of 8GB total memory is System Reserved. (2) Then temporarily disable a graphics adapter driver to see if this percentage drops (your video resolution may also temporarily drop using ordinary Windows drivers).

I think these experiments should show if the graphics adapter is also using a percentage of system memory.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• luciantocu
    luciantocu Member Posts: 14 New User

i make already this...and no change. yes, i was thinking too, to buy 2x8gb ddr3, to put them in one chanel....but if i think little bit....i spend too much money for a ram upgrade....buying first 2x4gb ddr3, after this another 2x2gb ddr3, and now to buy 2x8gb.......is little bit to much money......i think the only chance is this...to buy 2x8gb ddr3, but i will try first to sell some of this ram what i`ve already buy... the laptop ...is still a enigma.....why dont use the both chanels...i was thinking...to make a downgrade to bios....but i dont know exactly how to do this...which version of bios is full(i mean which version have ``advanced options enabled)? and how to make a downgrade

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

>>>i make already this...and no change.>>>

What is the percentage of system reserved memory for 8GB total installed? What is the percentage of system reserved memory for 4GB total installed? What is the percentage of system reserved memory for 16GB installed? Are the percentages of system reserved memory all the same? And is these system reserved percentages all the same with the graphics adapter disabled? If they are all the same percentages of system reserved memory, then I must assume this percentage is fixed for your system and can't be changed with the latest firmware or hardware drivers. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• luciantocu
    luciantocu Member Posts: 14 New User

if i put 2 in one channel use it all, what i put in othe channel see them, but dont use them