Acer Aspire V3 771G-9809, serious problems after forced 8.1 and 10 upgrades.

MealeaYing
MealeaYing Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

My computer was forced to "upgrade" from Windows 8, to 8.1, and then forced again after that to 10.

Since then everytime it does an update I have  to manualy reinstall a lot of my drivers, most notably my Nvidia drivers.

Most recently I was doing a large render and when I came home I found that the so called Creators addition had bluescreened my computer. When I got it up and running all of my periferals were down, this included my external backup drive, my wacom tablet and my Nvidia card. I got everything else working, but the Nvida card will not come back.

I tried old drivers, like the orignal ones from Acer, the newest ones directly from Nvidia, even tried getting Windows to redo it for me.

And yes, I did remove them, before trying to reinstall and it didnt help.

Nothing works.

In the device manager my video card says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I have been all  over the internet trying to fix this and nothing works.

I tried to use the support page so I could send my computer to Acer, but the support page doesnt work either.
I need help! 

Thank you, and cheers!

Mealea Ying

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>My computer was forced to "upgrade" from Windows 8, to 8.1, and then forced again after that to 10.>>>

Creators seems to have generally caused unresolved graphics issues for many mfrs. Did your system have factory-installed Win8 or Win7? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MealeaYing

It started with windows 8 (I loved Windows 7, I miss it!).

• JackE

>>>this included my external backup drive>>>

When did the Creators update happen? If within the last month or so, you ***might*** be able to recover from a Win10 autorestore point. If beyond that time and thus Win10 autodeleted, did you ever do a full Win10 backup before Creators happened? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MealeaYing

They happened on the sixth of last month.

Backups are something else that Windows 10 screwed up, I had a240gb back up and now its nearly at 2tb it seems to have made sevral huge files that I am not alowed to do anything with. I dont know how to fix that eitther.

The main thing is that I would like to send my laptop to Acer for repair, but the repair page doesnt work and I cant progress beyond entering my serial number, none of the buttons work in Chrome, or in FireFox.

• JackE

The ACER page you were on was probably for in-warranty service. Thus for your out-of-warranty system, you seem to have 3 choices. (1) Go to Control Panel and search "restore point". Then check to see if you can restore your system from a restore point that predates Creators either from a Win10 update autorestore point or from one of the *huge* backup files that you made ---OR--- (2) Go to store.acer.com, click on USA, then click eRecovery in the upper right hand corner. Enter your SNID and order either the USB or DVD Win8 eRecovery media specific to your machine. Cost about $20. Unfortunately, this only brings the system back to a factory-fresh as-originally-delivered Win8 state. This might be what an out-of-warranty repair would likely provide --- OR --- (3) Seek a local laptop shop to essentially try to do either (1) or (2) above for you if you don't have the time to deal with it.  Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• MealeaYing

So I cant pay them to fix something they built?

I know its out of warranty, I wasnt expecting it to be free.

• JackE

Local service shop repairs would probably be faster. But you can arrange repairs online by clicking on the ACER service link at the bottom of this page. Or go to this link for setting up a case number. Copy and paste it if the link gives you a 404 error.  http://customercare.acer.com/customercare/CS2Service.aspx

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ