Acer Aspire One windows 7

Melich
Melich Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi My acer doesn't recognize password, goes to welcome on first try and looks like logging in then get incorrect password message. I just changed the password, so I know it's right. I also tried reset user password using F2 -still does not recognize. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

OK. You seem to have 2 choices at this point. (1) You can try to make bootable password reset/recovery USB stick or DVD disk from downloadable freeware such as by Lazesoft and others. (2) Or you can follow this ACER video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ to re-set your D257 to a factory-fresh Win7 state with the option of saving your data. The second is probably more reliable but will require all the Win7Updates and program installations/upgrades made after the machine left the factory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

What is your Aspire One model#? While you may have just changed and remember the Windows password, you might have had the capslock on. So try entering the password with the capslock on. If those fail, try the old password again. If all else fails we can always try to re-set the machine to the factory-fresh Windows version.   Jack E/NJ

PS: A BIOS password re-set has no effect whatsoever on the Windows password re-set.

Jack E/NJ

• Melich
    Hi and thanks. No the caps lock is not on, tried that. And it shows me when on. Also tried/checked NumLk and tried old password.
  • Melich
    Model number ZE6 I think
  • Melich
    Or D257
  • JackE
    Answer ✓

OK. You seem to have 2 choices at this point. (1) You can try to make bootable password reset/recovery USB stick or DVD disk from downloadable freeware such as by Lazesoft and others. (2) Or you can follow this ACER video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ to re-set your D257 to a factory-fresh Win7 state with the option of saving your data. The second is probably more reliable but will require all the Win7Updates and program installations/upgrades made after the machine left the factory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Melich
    Thank you!
  • JackE

If you solved your issue, which method did you choose to solve it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ