Acer Aspire One Netbook (2005?) XP Win = browser won't connect online.

MZen
MZen Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I managed to figure out how to do factory restall. And the machine shows I am connected, wireless or with the ethernet cord. But the I only have the IE Browser, old version, and it will not connect, nor will the Google desk top, nor the plain google search. I called At&T she put me thru several ideas, but ... she thinks its the winXP, and old IE... What do you guys think???? I do have a 16 g? Memory stick.... can I put a diff OS? If so plz tell me where to download it unto this memory thing, and any tips on how to download? I can't afford new netbook, laptop right now... and this works,... connects to net... Thanks very much.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you have another PC, download FireFox installer, put it on an USB flash drive and install it on your Aspire One.

https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-53.0-SSL&os=win&lang=en-US

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • MZen
    Oh thanks, yes I have a 16 GB and I have a Kindle Fire tablet. I can try that, or maybe the computer at library? Will let you know. :-)
  • MZen
    UBS Flash drive, when I put it in it says new device detected, the wizard connection, says must connect online to run & accept the new device...
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

it's looking for a driver to install but normally XP has a basic USB driver, do you have a smaller USB flash drive (1-2GB)?

I'm not an Acer employee.