Acer Aspire E1-572G Bluetooth not working after updating to Windows 8.1

Cadenza
Cadenza Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 x64 bit, my bluetooth is not detecting and cannot be detected by other devices (my mobile phone). In device manager, I have NO yellow triangles with exclamation marks, when I search automatically for updates, windows says everything is up to date (see picture below) so everything seems fine and running. Bluetooth is on but after searching does not find devices (even if the phone is also on bluetooth). Would somebody please help me? Many thanks.

Bluetooth.jpg

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Windows key logo + R

type

services.msc

check if Bluetooth service is started and marked as automatic start.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Cadenza

Yes, it is Running - Automatic (Trigger Start).

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

Uninstall the BT adapter, right click it on the device manager and select uninstall.

then reboot and install this drivers from the Acer support:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless%20LAN/Wireless%20LAN_Atheros_10.0.0.263_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635187312656536562&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E1-572G&OS=81P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

• Cadenza

Thank you very very much! Just to make sure I'm not doing something wrong, after unzipping the file from your link, I've got 3 folders: 1)BT_DriverOnly, 2)Install CD and 3)Wifi_DriverOnly. Should I run the .exe file from the folder 1)BT_DriverOnly (btatherosInstall.exe)?

Also, when you say "Uninstall the BT adapter", you mean uninstall the first component (of the 3) that appears under Device Manager: Bluetooth USB Module (Driver Provider: Qualcomm Atheros Communications)??

Sorry for all the stupid questions but I'm worried about going wrong Smiley Happy!

• IronFly
    You can use the BT_driver only.

But....you have an USB dongle?
  • Cadenza

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question (I'm not a native English speaker). If you mean memory stick, yes, I have a few. Presently, I connect to a wifi router at home, I don't use an adapter. I apologize if that's not what you asked Woman Happy!

• IronFly
    I mean if you have an external Bluetooth USB device.
  • Cadenza

Yes, for my wireless mouse and it is working fine.

• IronFly
    So, you had problems with the integrated BT module and you are using an USB BT dongle?

If so, you first need to detach your USB BT, then uninstall the BT module in the device manager, install the BT drivers you downloaded, reboot.

Then check if your integrated BT module is working.
  • Cadenza

There must be something I'm doing wrong because I didn't manage to install the new driver. After I unistall  Bluetooth USB Module in device manager and I run the btatherosInstall.exe file from "D:\Kits Free\Acer Drivers for Bluetooth\WLAN_Atheros_10.0.0.263_W81x64\BT_DriverOnly\drivers_Win8.1\production\Windows8.1-x64\Bluetooth-Driver\btatherosInstall.exe" , nothing happened - it didn't install. As I am convinced that your solution is correct - I see that your version of the driver is WLAN_Atheros_10.0.0.263_W81x64 whereas mine is 8.0.1.302, I'll try to have somebody more knowleadgeable than myself do it for me via TeamViewer.

Thank you very much for all your trouble and patience. And kudos too!

• IronFly
    Thank you.
    By the way, since your wifi drivers are an old version, you can try to install both BT and wifi with the main installer.
  • Cadenza

The main installer being under Install_CD folder, the setup.exe file? Is that correct?

• IronFly

Yep!

• Cadenza

You are a life saver! I ran Qualcomm Atheros Installation Program (i.e. the setup.exe file in the Install_CD folder) and now I'm up and running all my bluetooth devices! Thanks a lot!

• IronFly
    You welcome. Smiley Happy
  • shehzeen1o2
    shehzeen1o2 Member Posts: 1 New User

I just registered to thank you ironfly. I had the exact same problem after downgrading to windows 8.1 from windows 10. i was so frustrated due to this but your solution did it all. Thanks bud.