Acer Aspire D255E comes on, displays opening screen, then shuts down in a few seconds

dpskala
dpskala Member Posts: 14 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I just bought an Acer Aspire D255E with a cracked display.  I tested it and it worked fine.  Replaced the display with a brand new one, and the result is that it comes on, displays the opening screen, briefly flashes what looks like the screen you get when you shut down abnormally,then powers down.  It will also power down in about the same time if I F2 into the BIOS.  Anyone know what's going on here?

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

One of LCD panels part numbers for Aspire One D255-2677 is:

LK.10105.002 - AUO B101AW06 V1 LF 200NIT 8MS 500:1 ---> You have the right part.

You wrote:

"I did forget to take the battery out when I first changed displays, but it doesn't seem like that should hurt anything."

Unfortunatly, yes. If you have a small overvoltage when you connect the panel, you have damaged it.

You can connect a external monitor or LCD TV in using the VGA port. I hope you haven't damaged the grahic chipset.

France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello,

I need some informations:

1- The exact model of your laptop

2- Which brand and part number of LCD panel have you mounted? 

France
  • dpskala

It's D255E-2677.  I got the screen from East Coast LCD's.  It was ordered for my old machine - a D255-2256 laptop LCD screen 10.1" WSVGA LED diode.  But I believe it was you who told me that the displays were common to all the D255 models.

Interestingly, I put the cracked display back in, and it behaves exactly the same way.  All I did was take the bezel off, unscrew and unplug the display, plug in the new one and test.  I even used contact cleaner and tried plugging it in several times.  Never went anywhere near the rest of the computer.

• laurent_14

For the two models, I confirm they are the same LCD panels.

Could you give me the brand and the part number of the new panel?

France
  • dpskala

Manufacturer is AU Optronics.

Model No. B101AW06

East Cost LCDs Stock No. 1061595

(Information was covered by the stock no.  I had to carefully peel off.)

This is indeed the identical display that I had in the earlier D255-2256 netbook.

I did forget to take the battery out when I first changed displays, but it doesn't seem like that should hurt anything.

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

One of LCD panels part numbers for Aspire One D255-2677 is:

LK.10105.002 - AUO B101AW06 V1 LF 200NIT 8MS 500:1 ---> You have the right part.

You wrote:

"I did forget to take the battery out when I first changed displays, but it doesn't seem like that should hurt anything."

Unfortunatly, yes. If you have a small overvoltage when you connect the panel, you have damaged it.

You can connect a external monitor or LCD TV in using the VGA port. I hope you haven't damaged the grahic chipset.

France
  • dpskala

Well, then I  have to assume that's probably what I did - mea culpa.  I'm going to give up on this, try to return the display and memory, and put up the netbooks for salvage on eBay.  The costs to repair are most likely too high.

Thanks for your help.

• laurent_14

Did you test with an external display?

See here it's your motherboard!

France
  • dpskala

I tested the original D255 with an external monitor (it didn't work), but not the D255E.  I assume the D255E motherboard is different?  I'm tempted to replace it, but it would be like a ton of work for not all that much benefit.