Acer Aspire 7551-7422 Dark Color Problem

jhrbanker1
jhrbanker1 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

All of the sudden dark colors are distorted on my laptop display.  Dark colors appear as bright blue with vertical black lines.  When I attach external monitor, it's fine.  I've rebooted, left the machine off for awhile, opened/closed the cover many times, twisted the display, and nothing effects it.  I downloaded the Display Adapter and rebooted.  Same. Here's the same photo displayed on two different machines.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Thanks,

JR

[inappropriate content removed]

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

>>>opened/closed the cover many times>>>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the problem.

www.amazon.com/Video-Screen-Aspire-7741ZG-Gateway/dp/B01MYQ15BT/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1487545866&sr=8-10&keywords=aspire+7551+video+cable

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the fix

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jhrbanker1

Thanks Jack.

Parts on order.

• jhrbanker1

I replaced the video cable and still have the same problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

• Hi,

You may need a replacement screen as you have mentioned that it works fine with external monitor.

• jhrbanker1

I just hate to spend $100 bucks on a new screen only to find out it's a bad motherboard.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>Any other suggestions?>>>

Yes. Based on the way this happened,  I still think your screen, its controller board and mainboard are fine. Re-seat the video ribbon cable connectors to the screen, cam & mainboard a half dozen or so times to help clean the contacts. Jack E/NJ      

Jack E/NJ

• Converseuser
    Converseuser Member Posts: 16 New User

Im having the same issue. Startup screen is red and wavey pink lines across screen. I have replaced screen, new ribbon cable. Reseated the ribbon cable at the mother board many times. Still having the same issue.

• MvanDaalen
    MvanDaalen Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2018
    Hello Acer Aspire users, i own a 7551 model which had exact the same problem as descripted on top. First the problem occured sometimes but now it shows directly at startup. Changing the contrast/brightness makes the problem less but won't go away. I change the motherboard (had a 2nd one) and the problem was over. There's one important thing that before the screen problems occured the mainboard got very hot. I cleaned the ventilator because it was full of dust. Maybe the processor (ADM) which create the screendislay was a little bit damaged. The ADM processor is close to the main processor , both coupled to the heatpipe. Hope this info was helpfull.
  • MvanDaalen
    MvanDaalen Member Posts: 2 New User
    Here a photo of the AMD processor. Behind it the main processor. Heatpipe is removed.