Acer Aspire 5735Z/5735

Hercules25
Hercules25 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2017 in Aspire Laptops

Hi,

I am trying to update my acer 5735Z to the latest Bios. I have indeed done a lot of research and found out that v1.10

or v1.13 Bios would be Ok. Unfortunately I can not find them anywhere on the Acer Website. Does anyone know where I can obtain these Bioses. And shed light on the correct one to use.

I am upgrading the system ram and HDD and installing new windows 32 bit OPS, and I have also read that my machine is blutooth enabled. But everytime I load the driver, it fails. It tells me to turn it on but I can't find any info in the instructions on how. So any help on both these subject would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

Answers

• Hercules25

Thank you ironfly,

I searched every where for this could not find it. Do you know what files I need to burn as I intend flashing in DOS.

And should I use USB stick.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Bios.bat and DOS folder

then run BIOS.dat from a DOS enviroment

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Hercules25

Hi Ironfly,

Really appreciate your help. Do you mean the windows batch file? And just the contents in the DOS folder?

I have been reading about flashing the bios on the machine, but haven't flashed a bios in years, so I need some instructions. From what I've read I need to hold down FN and escape keys then turn on power till Usb blinks then let go and it should start flashing the bios. Some are saying I only need one file which is CPK110.WHP file, and some are saying that I should remove the battery when flashing. I would like to know the correct proceedure, so I don't end up with a dead notebook. It's quite confusing, because some are saying that the Acer site flash Bios is not the proper way. Sorry to be a nuciance, just need a little understanding before I go ahead. Thank you very much for your help.

Kevin

• IronFly
    Sorry but you need to update a working BIOS or do a BIOS recovery?
  • Hercules25

Hi don't understand Ironfly,

My machine is working perfectly, it boots up OK into windows 7 which I have just installed on there.

All I really need is some guidance on how to flash the Bios to update it, the web has left me a bit confused thats all.

Thanks

Kevin

• IronFly

Ok...run the .bat file from windows and let it do the dirt work.

This the easiest thing to do.

• RRBHATT1
    RRBHATT1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have acer aspire 5735 cathedralpeak model. Running with 4GB DDR2 RAM I believe. 

I want to upgarde the RAM to 8GB can I do that?

Please help. Looking for your reply. Thanks in advance!

Regards

• ilmagnifico2003
    ilmagnifico2003 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, everyone.
    I own an Acer Aspire 5735 notebook; I updated BIOS to last version 1.10, available on the link signalised by IronFly; thanks, IronFly, for this.

In order to speed up the performances of my notebook I would like to install on CPU socket a new processor with maximum CPU features; so I decided to buy an Intel QX9300 but my notebook doesn’t boot !!!

Very likely this CPU is not recognised by Phoenix 1.10 BIOS, downloaded from the link posted by IronFly.

Can anyone help me to fix this trouble ?  Do you think it deals with BIOS problem or something else ?

Can anyone post a link for a BIOS version able to recognise this CPU ?

On the other hand, if such a BIOS doesn’t exist, can anyone please tell me which is the maximum performing CPU compatible with socket P present on Acer Aspire 5735 motherboard ?

I found this link on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors

As you see you have very large choice :)

The problem is knowing WHICH CPU is the most performing and, at same time, compatible with 1.10 BIOS of Acer Aspire 5735.

Every help is welcome.

Thank you.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017

Hello, everyone.
    I own an Acer Aspire 5735 notebook; I updated BIOS to last version 1.10, available on the link signalised by IronFly; thanks, IronFly, for this.

In order to speed up the performances of my notebook I would like to install on CPU socket a new processor with maximum CPU features; so I decided to buy an Intel QX9300 but my notebook doesn’t boot !!!

Very likely this CPU is not recognised by Phoenix 1.10 BIOS, downloaded from the link posted by IronFly.

Can anyone help me to fix this trouble ?  Do you think it deals with BIOS problem or something else ?

On the other hand, if such a BIOS doesn’t exist, can anyone please tell me which is the maximum performing CPU compatible with socket P present on Acer Aspire 5735 motherboard ?

The problem is knowing WHICH CPU is the most performing and, at same time, compatible with 1.10 BIOS of Acer Aspire 5735.

Every help is welcome.

Thank you.

Hi,
    Could you please tell us the current CPU model in your laptop, you could probably go up to T9600 but I need more information about the current CPU, I would suggest you to upgrade the HDD to a SSD for a noticeable improvement in performance.
  • reyscorpio
    reyscorpio Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited November 2017
    I have tried to flash the bios by using the bios.bat as described in earlier posts  both in windows 10x64  and by a  DOS command prompt within Windows and it will not run the bios.bat.  What am I doing wrong?  I have moved the contents of the zip file onto the desktop and attempted to run the bat file and from a usb drive but to no avail. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    reyscorpio---What problem are you having that you think the BIOS flash will solve? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• reyscorpio
    I'm hoping that new 1.10 BIOS will have setting to allow me to set RAM Frequency as the current one has no RAM options at all. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    No. The effective DDR2 RAM frequency is limited by, among other things, the mainboard buss capability. You can't make the RAM module deliver and receive bits/bytes any faster than the buss its connected to is capable of. Higher frequency-rated DDR2 modules should work OK but won't work at any higher frequency than the original modules. Accordingly, I advise against trying to flash the BIOS in hopes of changing this because of the risk of bricking the machine if the flash fails.  Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

• reyscorpio
    JackE. Thank you for the information and explanation. I will take your advice and refrain from the flashing. Much appreciated. 
  • ilmagnifico2003
    ilmagnifico2003 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, everyone.

Every help is welcome.

Thank you.

Hi,
    Could you please tell us the current CPU model in your laptop, you could probably go up to T9600 but I need more information about the current CPU, I would suggest you to upgrade the HDD to a SSD for a noticeable improvement in performance.

Hello brummyfan2, sorry for late in replying.

So my CPU is Intel Core Duo T5800 @2.00 GHz.

Is there a way to unlock BIOS (v. 1.10) advanced settings page ?

Is there a special key combination for this ?

T9600 FSB is 1066 MHz, whereas T5800 FSB is 667 Mhz : will I need to change some BIOS settings for this ?

Will be the RAM compatible, once I will have installed T9600, or I will have also to change some BIOS settings in order T9600 will work properly ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Brand
    Brand Member Posts: 23 Networker

Hello, everyone.

Every help is welcome.

Thank you.

Hi,

Hello brummyfan2, sorry for late in replying.

So my CPU is Intel Core Duo T5800 @2.00 GHz.

Is there a way to unlock BIOS (v. 1.10) advanced settings page ?

Is there a special key combination for this ?

T9600 FSB is 1066 MHz, whereas T5800 FSB is 667 Mhz : will I need to change some BIOS settings for this ?

Will be the RAM compatible, once I will have installed T9600, or I will have also to change some BIOS settings in order T9600 will work properly ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello mate!

I have been able on my girlfiend's 5735 on bios 1.07 to install a T9600 and 4gb of ddr2 800mhz. A nice bump 
  • Brand
    Another question: My girlfriend has a 5735 (NOT Z model) with bios 1.07.

I cannot flash any newer bios. If I download 1.08 or 1.10 and I try to launch the 64 bit installer (since I have a T9600 that is a 64 bit compatible cpu and windows 10 64 bit) I get this error: Driver (WDM) Init fail! (0x137).

This is the list of things I have tried:

- Launche the .exe update files
    - Launche the .exe update files as an administrator
    - Flash the bioses with Phoenix under windows
    - Create a bootable USB drive in DOS mode with rufus and launch the PHLASH16.EXE file. This thing gives me a generic error regarding the 
    CPK110.WPH file.

Nothing works. 

Is there any solution?
  • Hi @Brand
    You could try inserting the original CPU, reinstalling original OS with which the laptop came and try updating the BIOS, I can not see the BIOS version 1.10 in Acer support site, I could see only 1.08.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/556?b=1
  • Brand
    Hi @Brand
    You could try inserting the original CPU, reinstalling original OS with which the laptop came and try updating the BIOS, I can not see the BIOS version 1.10 in Acer support site, I could see only 1.08.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/556?b=1

Hi there :) thank you for your reply. I have found the 1.10 on the FTP acer website linked here. I also have opened a new topic to manage the situation better if you want to check it out :)