Acer Aspire 5733 Sound Popping

pyperg
pyperg Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
Hello everyone, I have been having an issue with my Acer Aspire 5733 for the past few weeks. My machine OS is Windows 7 64-bit. When I am playing any kind of audio or video file (both online and offline), I have noticed a consistent stuttering and popping sound. This happens with and without headphones plugged in. I have tried uninstalling, re-installing and updating audio drivers, with no luck. I would appreciate anyone's help as I am hoping it is not a hardware problem! I noticed it happening soon after I installed software for my new Seagate hard drive, and I had thought that the program running in the background would cause these audio issues. Thanks in advance for your help! Graham -

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Sound popping happens when CPU is at 100%, chipset drivers have some issues or HDD access.

so i would check in task manager CPU usage:

CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

performance tab

i would also check if any new chipset drivers are available:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/3679;-;Aspire%205733

if you suspect the new installed Seagate software, try to uninstall and check sound.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • pyperg
    pyperg Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you! The chipset update must have solved it, or at least improved it. There is still some occasional popping and distortion but not nearly as much as before. I will try to uninstall the Seagate software and see if that completely solves it.

Thanks again!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.