Acer Aspire 5536 Bluetooth not there

retr0
retr0 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my Acer Aspire to Windows 10 and so far everything is working absolutely perfectly apart from the fact that the button does not work to turn on the Bluetooth.

I've tried searching the control panel and settings for Bluetooth but nothing comes up.

I've tried using services.msc and it shows that I have both Bluetooth Support Service as well as Bluetooth Handsfree Service and they are both running. I don't know what to do and at this point, I really do enjoy using Acer and don't really want to move to a different brand.

Please, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

>>>I've recently upgraded my Acer Aspire to Windows 10 and so far everything is working absolutely perfectly apart from the fact that the button does not work to turn on the Bluetooth.>>>

You seem to have 3 choices. I've listed them in order, starting with the least likely to adversely impact your absolutely perfectly working Win10 system apart from your old-tech Bluetooth adapter.

(1) Buy a newer, faster, Win10-compatible  CSR4 bluetooth USB dongle for less than $10 with free shipping from Amazon or Ebay. Dongle is about the size of tiny USB wireless mouse USB dongle.

(2)  Use the Alt+F10 eRecovery method to restore your machine to the factory-delivered ACER-specific WinVer while saving your data. Your older Bluetooth adapter and activation button were configured to run properly under the factory-delivered ACER WinVer, not generic Win10. The success of this eRecovery method depends on if the hidden recovery partition has not been corrupted or deleted after installing Win10.

(3)  Google the keywords "Aspire 5536" and "disassembly" with the quotes for youtube videos on how to access and re-seat the Bluetooth ribbon cable connections assuming the unlikely possibility that the connector pins need cleaning in order for Win10 to properly recognize your older Bluetooth adapter. 

Jack E/NJ      

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

What does Device Mgr reveal? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• retr0

sorry, what do you mean?

• JackE

OK. Go to Control Panel again. Search for Device Manager. Click on Device Manager. It shows the hardware devices that are inside your machine and alerts you to any problems or issues with a redX or yellow! mark. What do you see? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• retr0

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right thing but this is what I seeScreenShot of Device Manager.png

• JackE

OK. Leave Device Manager open as you have it posted. What happens to the Device Manager box when you push the Bluetooth button? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• retr0

it flashed but nothing about Bluetooth came up

• JackE

Are you sure the bluetooth was working ***immediately*** before installing Win10? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• retr0

yea, the button used to light up and connect before the update

• JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>I've recently upgraded my Acer Aspire to Windows 10 and so far everything is working absolutely perfectly apart from the fact that the button does not work to turn on the Bluetooth.>>>

You seem to have 3 choices. I've listed them in order, starting with the least likely to adversely impact your absolutely perfectly working Win10 system apart from your old-tech Bluetooth adapter.

(1) Buy a newer, faster, Win10-compatible  CSR4 bluetooth USB dongle for less than $10 with free shipping from Amazon or Ebay. Dongle is about the size of tiny USB wireless mouse USB dongle.

(2)  Use the Alt+F10 eRecovery method to restore your machine to the factory-delivered ACER-specific WinVer while saving your data. Your older Bluetooth adapter and activation button were configured to run properly under the factory-delivered ACER WinVer, not generic Win10. The success of this eRecovery method depends on if the hidden recovery partition has not been corrupted or deleted after installing Win10.

(3)  Google the keywords "Aspire 5536" and "disassembly" with the quotes for youtube videos on how to access and re-seat the Bluetooth ribbon cable connections assuming the unlikely possibility that the connector pins need cleaning in order for Win10 to properly recognize your older Bluetooth adapter. 

Jack E/NJ      

Jack E/NJ

• retr0

Okay, I'll give those a try. Thank you so much