Knowledge Base

Article

My Android tablet will not boot

by Acer Technician on ‎02-21-2013 05:02 PM (35,837 Views)

Question

What can I do if my Android tablet won't boot or only boots to the Android logo?

Answer

If your Android tablet will not boot or only displays the Android logo, you can try the steps below.

1. Try resetting your device using one of the links below.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8108

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11986

2. Contact your local Acer service center to inquire about setting your tablet up for repair.

Comments
by queenofthesidhe on ‎08-02-2013 04:45 AM

The above options are a joke.  You offfer articles on how to hard reset other tablets, but not the Iconia A100.  My tablet is stuck on the ACER bootup screen.  Occasionally I am able to get into the Android System Recovery <3e> Android System Recovery Utility.  However, when I select an option, such as Reboot system now, nothing happens, no matter what I push.  How can I get my tablet to restore back to original factory settings, and I'm not talking about pressing the darn Reset button, because that doesn't do a darn thing.  Totally frustrated and angry, paid $400 for a paperweight if I can't get it going again.

by RellyRell on ‎08-29-2013 12:54 AM
I agree havent had mine for a year and the logo is stuck :-( nothing is working...this is BULL and i would never ever purchase anything with acer on it and i will tell any consumer not to purchase their products!
by Toinky on ‎08-30-2013 12:30 AM

I have 4 Acer laptops, a couple of monitors, and an Iconia A500 tablet. One of the laptops had an issue early in its life and Acer replaced it for free. (I might have had to pay shipping.) However, based on my experience with the tablet, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ACER PRODUCT AGAIN. 

by Toinky on ‎08-31-2013 12:06 AM

I must amend my post. I submitted a support request and was told that my device was out of warranty, but that Acer would do a "one time" free repair, assuming it was not damaged, yada, yada. We'll see. I'll update this as the process goes along.

by usafrac on ‎10-15-2013 12:16 PM

@Toinky, can you please share the contact info you used to set up your support request?  It seems people are being told different stories depending on who/where they call.  Most are told to send their tablets in for service, and quoted in the neighborhood of $199 for the repair.  It looks (hopefully) like Acer is becoming aware that the issue of dead tablets is very wide-spread, which points to a likely design flaw.  Things like this often lead to class-action suits, and maybe the service center you contacted is trying to do the right thing...

by ritavalenta on ‎12-04-2013 10:50 PM

Thanx for the help... took a few tries but got it unlocked!  The tablet belongs to my granddaughter and her 5 year old sister locked it up by trying the wrong pattern too many times!  Now I am a HERO!!! LOL

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Contributors