Knowledge Base

Article

Installing a different Operating System

by Acer Technician on ‎02-20-2013 08:28 PM - edited on ‎10-10-2013 03:30 PM by Acer Technician (14,639 Views)

Question

Can I install a different operating system other than what shipped on the computer?

Answer

Acer can provide support for your system using the Operating system that we shipped on the computer. You can install a different operating system if you wish. If you choose to install a different operating system, please be advised of the following:

1. Acer will not be able to troubleshoot any issues you have while installing or using another operating system.

2. Acer will not be able to provide driver support for operating systems that are not shipped with the system.

3. All drivers Acer offers are posted at http://www.acer.com.
    If the driver you are looking for is not posted, then Acer is unable to provide it.

4. If the computer requires repair, Acer may require you to reload the factory installed operating system, or Acer may reload the factory installed operating system, as necessary.

Comments
by gonzlayer on ‎08-02-2013 11:27 PM
  1. Si el equipo necesita reparación, Acer podrá exigir que vuelva a cargar el sistema operativo instalado de fábrica, o Acer puede volver a cargar el sistema operativo instalado de fábrica, si es necesario.

como se puede hacer esto

by MyAcerCom3 on ‎10-28-2013 05:18 AM

Thank to this info. .Really don't like my acer d270 in a factory setup.. But when I upgrade my physical memory.. It been get better now.. So I am planning to install different OS or upgraded windows7.. 

by osandakj on ‎12-17-2013 03:04 AM

Thanks for the information.

But why u guys can't take some time and make latest compatible drivers for the requests of the consumers?

And some softwares are mostly outdated. Software manufacturers have the latest version, but acer have very lower versions. :smileysad:

I'm not satisfied with the above points.