Knowledge Base

Article

I upgraded to Windows 8 and Dolby Home Theater v4 is missing.

by Acer Technician on ‎03-15-2013 01:41 PM (5,829 Views)

Question

How can I reinstall Dolby Home Theater v4 after upgrading to Windows 8?

Answer

Dolby Home Theater v4 is loaded as part of your computer's factory load of Windows and is not available for direct purchase or download. If you are upgrading to Windows 8 and want to make sure your Dolby Home Theater v4 is not removed, you will need to run the Acer Upgrade Assistant to move your applications over during the upgrade. 

If your Dolby Home Theater application is no longer installed, the only way to restore it is to recover the system using the recovery media you created. If you did not create recovery media, you may be able to order it at http://store.acer.com, or contact your local service center for assistance.

Comments
by PhillipDSX on ‎01-16-2014 01:50 PM

I don't COMPLETELY agree with the above answer. Even although setting up Windows 8 should have install the basic Realtek Audio Driver, if you look for your computer drivers here on the Acer Website and download the audio driver for your new windows system (take into account whether it's x64 or x86), the Realtek package actually INCLUDES the Dolby Home Theather software Man Very Happy

by Choon April - last edited April by Moderator Moderator

I too cannot accept such answer.

I just update my win 8.1 and the next thing my Dolby version is not compatible and need a downgrade to original version 7.3.2.2

Problem is Dolby site do not have a download and refer all problem to OEM.

Now at OEM ( ACER ) it now like saying " Boy I told you to create back up and you don't, now you have to come to my shop to solve your problem."

Hi out there . . .  please can some one email me where can I download a Dolby Home Threatre V4 version 7.3.2.2 for window 8.1 ? My email is  ****

Thank you.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member? Register
Help
Language:
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click below on the continue button, you agree to our use of cookies. Please click here if you would like to find more information about these cookies or change your cookie settings.