black screen on e520

paulg
paulg Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
Hi please help have taken covers apart unsolderd battery shorted across for 30 seconds approx resolderd put together /f10 on boot /f9 /f10 now has rebooted still black screen press fan/f6 can lights up faintly just enough to see background with all my startup programs and that's it would it be LCD /or inverter thanks for any responds

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

eMachines E520:

Have you tried to connect your laptop to an external monitor or LCD TV in using VGA connector?

Note: [Fn]+[F5] --> Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

eMachines E520:

Have you tried to connect your laptop to an external monitor or LCD TV in using VGA connector?

Note: [Fn]+[F5] --> Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both.

France
  • paulg
    Hello you thanks yes it works /laptop screen no /but lots of virus on it have to think now which anti virus malwer had comodo but did not renew it wonder if it was coincidentally ? Just read the same thing hapend on hear to another person I hope my advice ......f10/f9/f10 works for them once again thanks
  • laurent_14

Hello,

When you move your screen (open/close 45°), do you see something?

France
  • paulg

HELLO just a quick flash of light then black using vga on screen tv  it works on that

• laurent_14

Hello,

To check the LCD connector:

1- Unplug the power supply

2- Remove the battery

3- Unscrew the 3 screw inside the battery compartment

4- Remove the switch cover between the screen and the keyboard

5- Check the LCD connector ( white rectangular connector)

France