LT2802u has very slow download speeds

mws366
mws366 Member Posts: 6 New User

a Dell 1545 sitting beside the LT2802u gets 55 dl speed wile i only get 7 dl speed on LT2802u. same network with 300 Mbps link to router on both. same Belkin n600 USB adapter. IP input is 60. I've tried everything. drivers etc. have all been updated. reinstalled win 7 st. would upgrading to win 10 help ? or is 7 dl speed what i have to live with because the LT2802u is limited in capability ?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Download speed that bad I wondering if the antenna wire is off the wifi card.

If nothing else helps it's the only thing left.

Here is a video showing you how to get to the wifi card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nob_ZxwFwyc

Read this:http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Computer_Science/static.asp

I never use anything special. Just be careful, try not to tough components on the motherboard, occasionally touch a faucet, it has an earth ground.

• mws366

thanks for the info, i'm not using internal wifi card on either computer. i installed belkin n450 db/n600 db dual band wifi usb adapters on each. i have interchanged usb adapters and still get same results. i used the installation cd on dell and on the lt2802u i had to download the driver from belkin's web site. would this make a difference ?

• philetus

It's possible that the driver is not quite perfect. Are you farther from the router than the other laptop?

Have you tried yours right at the router?

I have a USB adapter,Asus N13, that I have used on every make of computer there is and has always gave me good speeds.

I notice there are a lot of reviews of the Belken that say it is slow.

http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B004N625BY/ref=acr_dpx_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

• mws366

thanks again---both computers were tested side by side 5 ft, from router. 55 dl speed on dell and 5 dl speed on gateway. switched USB's and got same results. i have checked and been assured i have the latest version of belkins USB driver, but i agree with you-the driver may be the problem. i'm going to try to transfer the belkin install disk to a flash drive on the dell and install that way on gateway. i'm not good at that sort of thing and it may take a day or so, but i'll let you know how it turns out.

• mws366

i reinstalled the USB driver using a flash device, which means the dell and gateway have exactly the same installation. NO JOY. the dell still gets 55 dl and the gateway gets 5 dl. i don't know anything else to try. i don't like to give up, but i may have to on this one.

• philetus

Have you shut down the laptops and the router, restart the router and restart the laptops?

Another thing I saw was delete all the network connections and make a new network.

• mws366

no solution yet. i just cked on ookla and DL speed is 5 shoulld be 50. i have upgraded to windows 7 home premium and added 2 GB memory and updated drivers. no improvement in DL speed.

• philetus

Check in your adapter setting if it has AppEx Networks Accelerator and uncheck it if you do.

Open a command prompt as Administrator  and type  “ipconfig /flushdns”.

Have you tried connecting to the router with a cable to determine if the problem is the router/isp or you computer/wifi?

• mws366

WHY CAN'T GATEWAY LT2802u SUPPORT HIGH SPEED INTERNET ?

• philetus

I'm wondering if the anrenna wire is off the wifi card.

Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiIPFncw7qs

Get the keyboard loose, you don't need to remove the cable. Just make sure it doesn't get pulled on.  Take out the screws marked door and open it.Look in the bottom and see it the wire/s are connected to the wifi card.