Can't update USB enhanced controller installation file missing

tomhobber
tomhobber Member Posts: 9 New User

I keep getting the same message Intel(R) c200 series chip set family USB enhanced controler-1c2d driver installation file is missing INF written per windows 95 or later. There is two of these I have tried to unistall them but they keep coming back. I have a Gateway DX4860 it has 8 usb ports but now only two work. Can someone please help me with this problem? I am running windows 10. thank you for your help.

Best Answer

• tomhobber
    Answer ✓

I tried the right click on infinst_autol.exe and this time I clicked windows 8 it ran all downloads and then I clicked on device manager all my USB are now working. I checked for updates everything is up to date. thank you so much for your help. thanks again.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19596/INF-Update-Utility-Primarily-for-Intel-6-5-4-3-900-Series-Chipsets-

1. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tomhobber

I am not sure what you ment by manufacture websight. I don't know the manufacture of my USB, it says unknow. Any other suggestings? thank you for the help.

• IronFly

check better my previous post, the link is for download the USB drivers for your PC.

• tomhobber

I went to the download center but it said it has no downloads for USB. What now? thank you.

• IronFly

Screenshot (12).png

• tomhobber

This is what I clicked on but no installer showed up all it did was download the program. Nothing to right click. thanks.

• IronFly

right click infinst_autol.exe

choose properties

click on compatibility tab

tick Run this program in compatibility mode

select windows 7

click on apply and then run it

• tomhobber

I did what you said right click infinst_autol.exe,then I choose properties ,compatability tab,run in compatability, slect windows 7 clicked apply and run. a window came up and said please wait while the files are being extracted, then nothing happens it just sets their. Any other suggestions? thanks.

• IronFly

do you still get the C200 error?

• tomhobber

Yes I do I go to updates and I get the same two can't install , Installation files are missing.

• tomhobber

I not sure if you got my message yes I still get the same error can't install the installation files are missing,when I try to install updates.

• tomhobber

Yes I do get the same error can't install updates error code 0x800F0219, this may help?

• IronFly

The main issue is that C200 chipset totally lacks of windows 10 support and you are not alone:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/intelr-6-seriesc200-series-chipset-family-usb/755c7557-cb03-4761-8bdc-bad07efaaa79

you can also try to uninstall the USB device that are giving the error, right click it on Device manager and then let windows 10 search about drivers, this will be do on the next reboot.

• tomhobber
    Answer ✓

I tried the right click on infinst_autol.exe and this time I clicked windows 8 it ran all downloads and then I clicked on device manager all my USB are now working. I checked for updates everything is up to date. thank you so much for your help. thanks again.

• IronFly

You welcome.