Acer S7 problems - awful customer service - don't buy Acer

kcirtapp
kcirtapp Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

The motherboard of my Acer S7 (i7, 256GB model) gave out after one month of ownership.  I sent it in to Acer for repair, sending it overnight so that I could shorten the repair time.  The computer was not looked at for six days after they received it, and now has been "under repair" for almost two weeks.  They still can't tell me when I will get my computer back, they did tell me that they will ship it back to me over night instead of ground so that I get it a little faster.  They told me they were waiting for the parts, as the repair center is not at the same place as the parts center - go figure...

Considering this is a $1700 machine, one would expect somewhat better customer service, like expedited service or actually sending me a new one after the repairs drag on more than a few days. (The Microsoft store told me that's what they would do if I bought it there). Customer service at Acer has not been very helpful, though some of them were nice, and others were downright rude in the US customer service center. As someone else wrote, it looks like they are just following a script and have no sense for customer service.

Anyway, anyone else had an experience like that?  This is certainly my first and last Acer, it seems that one needs another computer on stand-by when having an Acer.  I can whole hardingly recommend never to buy an Acer if you think customer service is at least somewhat important.

I loved the computer while it worked, but not sure what I should do with it once it comes back if customer service is that unresponsive.  I will likely sell it, what a nightmare.

Any thought or input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

This discussion has been closed.