Acer Aspire V5-573G mSATA-port

therongguy
therongguy Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

So I'm thinking about buying the new model of the Acer V5, the V5-573G-54218G1Takk, and would like to know if it has a free mSATA-port like the model from last year?

Comments

• Jimmy41
    Jimmy41 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hey, i am wondering the same. 

I have a  Acer Aspire V5-573G-54208G50aii at the moment, but due to some technical problems I wanted to bring it back for a new one. I heard the same one isn't available anymore. The new model Acer Aspire V5-573G-54208G50aii is the obvious choice, but this decision depends on if i can use my mSata in there as well.

• therongguy

Tinkerer

Yes, the new model does indeed have a mSATA-slot. I have a Crucial M500 240GB SSD installed and running Smiley Happy

• szembor
    szembor Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, guys i just want buy mSata SSD Plextor 128 or 256 GB.

Hot to install System on it? by recovery option it is possible? there will be ssd choose option?

Sorry for my english, it is not my native lang.

regards

Krzysiek

• therongguy

Tinkerer

As far as I know you need to use 3rd party software to migrate your OS. I tried first using Acronis and the recovery option, but that didn't work for me. Instead I ended up using EaseUS Todo Backup to clone the OS over to the SSD. You should really try just search for this kind of stuff, there are plenty of guides on how to do it.

• Marcel0908
    Marcel0908 Member Posts: 4 New User

so does the 

• Aspire V5-573G V5-573G-5421121Taii Notebook have a free msata port?? Robot Frustrated
  • therongguy

Tinkerer

Unless it comes with one pre-installed, then yes.

• Marcel0908

so there is no way to know only if i buy it and open it to see?...

• therongguy

Tinkerer

No, just look at the specs. If it only mentions a HDD as storage, then you're good.
  • Marcel0908

oh i see, so 1 TB HDD + 16 GB SSD thats what it says, so that means there is one msata ssd preinstalled, and that i can swich the msata ssd out? 

• Marcel0908

okay but the ssd that is  pre-installed, can i use it as a mini pci-e port ? for the EXP GDC Laptop External PCI-E Graphics Card ? Robot Frustrated Robot LOL

• therongguy

Tinkerer

That can actually be a mistake in the specs. My specs also claimed to have a 16 GB SSD, but it actually had a 1TB Hybrid drive and a free mSATA-slot. So can't really help you on that one. As for the external GPU dock, I've never heard of such a thing, but if you're ready to cut a hole in the bottom of your laptop then go ahead...