Extensa 5235 touchpad suddenly fails in win 10

JaapDJ
JaapDJ Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

My laptop has worked fine on win 10 for some months now. Two weeks ago suddenly the touchpad ceased to work. I tried recovering windows, but that fails. I've tried updating the Synaptics drivers (several 19.0.19 versions), no effect. Selected the ps/2 touchpad manually in the driver installation, no effect either. Does anyone have a clue what to do? Next thing for me to try is remove win 10 and go back to win 7...

Cheers,

Jaap

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

My advice would be, go back to Win 7.

• ArferDaley
    ArferDaley Member Posts: 15 New User

hi know this is a little late but i have a Aspire R3-131T that ran on W8.1 Fie i upgraded to W10 and all ran fine for a while then suddenly all hell broke loose it now drags and freeses alot and becomes unresponcive alot i tried to roll back guess what cant as past the months trial so i got out my recovery usb which i purched especcially for this moment in time guess what says dta is corrupt enven tho when it was checked it said it had copied fine  i contacted acer who informed my  i was out of warrennty as all repairs are done by currys whe want about £50 too look at it  t

i know whats wrong but no one at either place are willing to make available a copy of the factory image so i can reinstall back to 8.1 so i am stuck with a useless notebook hers hoping someone will red this and offer a solution  heres hoping  thanks for any input

• JaapDJ
    JaapDJ Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Tried several Synaptics driver packages in win 10, but nothing worked. I reinstalled win 7 and the touchpad works flawlessly again. Guess that notebook is just too old (6 years by now?). I'll leave it like this, I'm sure it'll run for a few more years!