My Acer Video Player unexpectedly stops playback of footage at random moments. How do I stop this?

davidtreadway
davidtreadway Member Posts: 1 New User

My subject basically describes the issue I'm having. When I first got the computer I set the Acer Video Player as my default player because I've had issues with Windows Video Player not working. The Acer player seemed to be able to handle just about any file format with video. Now suddenly when I'm trying to watch footage (typically m4v or mp4 files) it will unexpectedly just stop playing the footage. Often it happens about one minute in to playing a video. It will stop and you have to restart it and it continues on to the point that it is basically worthless to even try. How can I fix this issue? Why did it happen to begin with? It worked great for two months. Thanks.

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Not sure why your player would have stopped working. The easiest solution would probably be to download VLC media player. It is free and can play almost any kind of file. 

If you really want the Acer Video player, you could try to go to Acer recovery management software, and see if you can reinstall the program, or use Windows system restore to roll back to a time when it was working.