Hi, Have just purchased the Aspire E15. Which HDMI cable should I get?

jpuddleduck52
jpuddleduck52 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi can anyone advise, which HDMI cable I should get, in order to connect to my TV.?

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

HDMI 1.3 and up.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • shineon4me
    shineon4me Member Posts: 1 New User

You mean HDMI cables come in different sizes..what is the scale please ? like wire gages?

wonder if the cable is the problem?...daaam..

IronFly wrote:

HDMI 1.3 and up.

HDMI Port is not putting out to HDMI on new tv. Does It require a driver? 

Trying to connect a Tv as a moniter to aspire 7741z-4433 with the "never used before " HDMI port.

It no go.

I've connected a simple older flat moniter via VGA (the one with pins right?) /USB cable before,,, so I am familiar with  the obvioues moniter id and resolution stuff.....

but its like it doesnt even offer HDMI as an option. ..like the HDMI port needs a driver!!? 

difficult to find out anything about this model, like it has no bluetooth.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

HDMI 1.3 is a protocol standard, not cable size.

HDMI need VGA drivers installed on PC and when you connect to your TV, you need to select the correct HDMI port with your remote controller (if your TV has more than 1 HDMI port)

you can also check if TV is recognised by your laptop, right click on desktop and choose, change screen resolution.

if you see 2 monitors....the TV is recognised.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • loonyjamo
    loonyjamo Member Posts: 1 New User

I have got this exact same issue and been trying to solve all day! The laptop i am using is an Acer Aspire E15 E5-551, when i press the Fn+f5 combo i get a message of 'Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card.