why does critical update v1.17 keep failing

jeffb2
jeffb2 Member Posts: 2 New User

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Which update? Is that a BIOS update? If it is, why do you want to do it? Is it a Firmware update? Please explain and provide more information.

• mncmrsfrnnd
    mncmrsfrnnd Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi, I have the same problem. Mine is firmware v1.17. Actually I just saw this when I noticed that my touchpad is not working I dont know if its because the firmware v1.17 was not updated. Please help.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

You need to get the driver for touchpad, it's nothing to do with BIOS. Get the driver from here for your model:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

• mncmrsfrnnd

Hi, thank you so much for the response. Unfortunately after downloading the two touchpad drivers (ELANTECH & Synaptics) still the update keeps on failing. I cannot use my touchpad for more than 2 weeks now, seems like I really have to bring it to the service center Smiley Frustrated

• Hydden
    Hydden Member Posts: 4 New User

Don't worry trying to download the firmware, for some reason the device got turned off. press windows+x select device manager (M) and then enable the touchpad (see picture below)

Big red rectangle at bottom = device that needs to be enabled.

Small red square at top = button to enable (will be green before you fix it, when it is grey touchpad will work)

touchpad_activate.png

• mncmrsfrnnd

Hi, Thank you for replying.

I did your instruction (see screenshot below) but still my touchpad isn't working. I guess it's really broken. And I'm honestly **bleep** since I didn't do anything for it to be broken!

I bought it last May 29, 2016 and I rarely use this laptop. I just noticed that the touchpad isn't working when I try to use it (since I prefer using a mouse) and then I received a notification in my Acer care center that i have "1 critical update" - which is the touchpad firmware v1.17 (see 2nd screenshot). That made me think that I need to update my laptop in order to use the touchpad. But when I try to update the said firmware it kept on failing. and so that's why I stumble on to this forum.

Anyway, thank you for replying to my post. Smiley Sad

2016-12-07 (2).png2016-12-07 (1).png