No bootable device Aspire e-15 E5-573G-53DS

ThebeJohnston
ThebeJohnston Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

I recently brought a Aspire e-15 E5-573G-53DS from a brand new store two weeks ago and I'm having this problem.
My computer wont boot from my hard-drive,
My HDD Model Name is WDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0
This appears in Bios but it wont let me boot from it
My warranty will fix the problem but due to christmas holidays this process will take 4 weeks but I'm going away on a long holiday in 7 days and need it fixed urgently by then.
So is there a faster solution, like buying a new internal hard-drive, or if the HDD Model Name and Serial Number is appearing in Bios could it mean I have to buy a new windows and boot it from the disk drive? Please help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you tried to press ALT+F10 at boot?

this will start Acer recovery software if it works your HDD is still alive, if not the HDD, probably is gone.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ThebeJohnston

Tinkerer

It says
    Legacy CD ROM
    1. Unknown Device
    Legacy Hard Drive
    2. Unknown Device
  • IronFly

Legacy????

did you try to modify BIOS settings?

by the way, try this:

1. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS.
    2. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    3. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.
    4. let it boot to windows
  • ThebeJohnston

Tinkerer

I did all that and it still says No Bootable device with a magnifying glass
  • IronFly

and pressing ALT+F10 didn't work?

• ThebeJohnston

Tinkerer

Nope, like I said it asks me to choose a hard drive and says the "Unknown Device" in both sections.
  • IronFly
    That's strange.
    Which version of windows is installed?
  • ThebeJohnston

Tinkerer

10.1 or whatever the latest is, the laptop is brand new and in perfect condition, does it just mean the hard drives been broken somehow?
  • ThebeJohnston

Tinkerer

Thanks for your help,
    I can boot the USB up on the laptop but it says stuff like
    "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing"
    When I chose to keep my files it says
    "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."
  • IronFly

Press F2 at boot to enter BIOS, go to security tab and check if your HDD password is set as Frozen.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen#_ga=1.262809484.1609204961.1438903912

• ThebeJohnston

Tinkerer

My supervisor password, user password and HDD password are all blank, I can enter one for my supervisor and my HDD password but apart from that nothing.
  • IronFly

ok, i think that only Acer support service can solve this issue.

sorry

• Mojo24
    Mojo24 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I am also having this issue ('No bootable device') after I had issue with Kali linux 2.0 installed on my Acer Aspire E5-573-37GY.

I can get into a new os I have installed (Ubuntu) only after I try ALT F10.

How can I fix the 'No bootable device' issue? I have tried booting from a USB stick with several versions of Linux without success. I just get 'No bootable device' when I take the USB out.

• ukachar
    ukachar Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey guys!

I had the same problem and I found a solution. Just change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy, then press F10 to save and exit. It should boot now

• RAJAPETER
    RAJAPETER Member Posts: 1 New User
    this system support  only for windows 10 64bil
  • salptb
    salptb Member Posts: 1 New User
    yes plss help me in this one to this is my main problllem
  • Notanace
    Notanace Member Posts: 1 New User
    I started having this issue after "updating" to Windows 10, shortly after I purchased my Aspire Switch 10. Windows 10 would crash and attempting to reboot resulted in the "No Boot Device" message. I read somewhere that I should press and hold F2 during boot up to bring up the CMOS settings and set the boot preference to use the internal hard drive first and then save the settings before exiting. Well, whenever this occurs, the CMOS settings don't show the presence of any internal hard drive and I don't ever save the settings before exiting. It turns out that simply exiting the CMOS setup screen and DISCARDING the changes (that I didn't make anyway) causes the notebook to find the hard drive and it boots fine...until it happens again. The issue had actually gone away for over a year but now it's back. Anybody know what the actual cause is and how to make it just stop happening? In the latest occurrence, it happened at power on. I wasn't even using the computer.
  • SHAHAN
    SHAHAN Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi....I need help! So was attempting to install a linux os on my laptop and it failed, after that no os of any sort is installing. When I insert the installation media and installed the os, it doesn't write onto the drives, when I reboot it says no bootable devoce found.

• Vidara
    Vidara Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2018
    I changed my boot mode from UEFI to Legacy and it didn't work. Now message says no bootable device. How do I go back - switch back to UEFI? Now wow message says NO BOOTABLE DEVICE