E5-573 BIOS update failed

vsvankhed
vsvankhed Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently tried to update BIOS in my Acer E5-573. I downloaded bios from official acer driver download page for E5-573. After running installation file I restarted my laptop as  suggested. But after reastarting nothing happening on my laptop. Currently having completely blanck screen just only blue led stay on. 

What's wrong happend after bios upadte?

How can I solve this problem?

Answers

• himaryuk
    himaryuk Member Posts: 66

Tinkerer

I have same issue, if you can boot from USB, or DVD try bios recovery, or start with pressing control and home.

• HellChranos1
    HellChranos1 Member Posts: 5 New User
    I also have the same issue... Did you get it fixed?
  • himaryuk

Tinkerer

Hi, your Laptop BIOS has been corrupted during the update, this can happen if there is antivirus running in the background which prevent the programme from writing the new BIOS,without BIOS PC will not run at all and will get black screen, Acer have system of recovering the BIOS in such case, if you have not recovered your bios yet I can send you the instructions, or you may be able to find it in your pc manual.

• HellChranos1
    Thank you so much for a positive reply. My laptop is still in its warranty period. Do you think they'll be able to fix this?
  • himaryuk

Tinkerer

yes Acer should be able to fix it, very easy, look at the terms of their warranty, to see if they have directions on updating the bios, as they do not recommend updating the bios unless their technician advise you to do so, or you have changed hardware, otherwise if there is no indication to update the bios do not update, it will not make changes, ask Acer before you take your Laptop to them, if they do not agree to fix it I can send you the instruction, very simple.

best wishes

• HellChranos1
    Please send the instructions. That will be great. I have a different laptop model though(Aspire E5 572G). Again, thank you so much.
  • himaryuk

Tinkerer

hi.

1-Download the latest BIOS version for your laptop from Acer website,you can double check with them it is the correct BIOS, if you use different model BIOS it may not work or affect your laptop.

2- Check your BIOS is AMI BIOS as Acer use AMI BIOS, as this instruction for AMI BIOS.

3- make bootable USB stick, preferably with led indicator to show that led blinks when the stick is reading by PC.

4- Try PUT the USB stick in the laptop and boot the laptop to see if the laptop is attemting to read the stick, it will blinks for few times and stop, if it does not read the stick, try pressing control and Home to force laptop to read the stick.

5-You can even try with USB stick without making it bootable as it may not be necessary.As AMI BIOS make sector in the BIOS if it fails it will read only USB stick to look for BIOS to copy.

6- When you obtain the new BIOS put on the USB stick and rename to AMIBOOT.ROM, as the sector in the BIOS will read onlt this file, it will blink few times and it takes less than one minute to copy the BIOS then it will blink 4 times indicating that BIOS is copied and will start immediately and ask you to enter the BIOS setting to set time and date, then it will boot to windows.

These instructions taken from ACWER manual, look at your manual or try and download the pdf file of your machine manual and look for this instructions, also try and see original BIOS version and obtain as well.

My first advise now is try and put any usb stick with led indicator and see if the laptop try to read it, it will blink few times.then you are OK to take the above steps.

Good luck.

• HellChranos1

Thanks.. But the BIOS update failed while I was installing the latest BIOS even though I took all the precautions. So, are you sure I should try installing the latest version again? Also, the BIOS is the form of a .exe file on the acer website. Will it work? If not do you have any clue where I can get a valid BIOS?

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I guess start with this- you need access to another working windows pc. The bios file is zip.  Once open you see a exe file. This is actually another compressed file.  You can open this with Zip7 (free on web). Once you open the exe you will see the files needed.  The files then need to be put on the BOOTABLE DOS usb flash drive.  You will be installing the bios from DOS, not in windows.  So...if you have this second windows pc, you should be able to pull up a internet search, see how to do all this while if that laptop was your only pc your kinda in a hard spot. The only way to fix it is to hope you can boot a usb in DOS to reflash it with the bios file or send it to acer for repair.  If it does boot and installs your regular boot should return.

Addendum: I'm not 100% sure but you could try resetting the bios itself by removing the hard drive and powering up. Might work and worth a try.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

Hi,

Have you tried the update in windows environment?why you wanted to update the BIOS?unless you updated hardware or there is some issues like BSOD or advised to do so by technician it is not recommended to update the BIOS.

Yes you better use the latest BIOS as it was not written that is why your PC is not booting the update has erased your BIOS but failed to write the new BIOS, if not antivirus prevent it from writing it could be another program in the background, I think it is better to upgrade BIOS from DOS environment.

I also noted the BIOS update was in exe file and could not find the BIOS when I edit this file, you can ask Acer technical support for the latest BIOS, and original BIOS they can send to you, also is it AMI BIOS?the above instructions is for AMI BIOS that Acer usually use.

Do you still have the manual?and warranty?

Finally, do you have any USB stick with Led indicator?if yes, try and connect to your laptop and start the laptop and look for the led light of the usb if it blinks?how many times it blinks?

Good luck.

• HellChranos1

The BIOS is finally recovered!!

Hearty thanks to everyone who helped me with the process.

All I did was create a bootable drive that had the BIOS and then it automatically booted into windows. Although the BIOS version is still the older one that was already in there and not the one I downloaded(The version no is the same-1.09 but their release dates were different).

I updated the BIOS because it said "Improves Performance" and I have some issues with performance like max RAM usage when only a few light processes are running, CPU temps above 60C on idle and above 80C on load, etc. 

So, I thought maybe the BIOS update can fix it.

Also windows update isn't working. It is taking forever to search for updates.

• himaryuk

Tinkerer

That is good news indeed, glad to hear this.

Now back up your BIOS and find its details.

Ask Acer technical support if they recommend updating BIOS to improve performance.also asked them if they recommenbd updating BIOS in Windows or DOS environment.

Best wishes

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Sounds odd but once the bios re flashed normally the basic info must be redone. Date, time etc. these things can cause windows update errors and more