E1-572G Slow Fan Problem

zoumpoulakis
zoumpoulakis Member Posts: 6 New User

I had a long time to play games on my Aspire. Today, I bought GTA V, and after 15 minutes of playing, the temp hit 97°C on CPU and 95°C on GPU, with the fan working very slow.

It seems that the fan is not conntrolled, running at a constant speed even the temp is too high.

I can't control the fan with any software, Windows 7.

Any ideas?

Answers

• zoumpoulakis

Update: Uninstalled Intel graphics, AMD Graphics and Chipset drivers and reinstalled the Acer's original drivers (even they are versions of 2014). The problem persists. When on e.g. Google Chrome, fan works properly. When a game is loading, also fan works properly. When the real game starts, fan immediately locks at very low speeds and temp hits the numbers above.

Any idea?

• zoumpoulakis

News on my problem.

Tried downgrading to BIOS 2.14 from 2.17, with many CMOS resets before and after, and the problem persists, so it's not BIOS-related.

Also, formatted from Windows 7 to a clean install of Windows 7, then clean install of Windows 8.1 and then clean install of Windows 10, also with no solution.

With every OS, I tested the Acer's official graphics drivers, and also the latest from any seperate manufacturer (Intel and AMD.)

NO SOLUTION.

Windows power settings on every OS are set to Maximum and the Cooling setting is "Enabled".

Don't know what to do next...

• zoumpoulakis

Anyone?