Aspire E11 touchpad problem

SungChung
SungChung Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello. This is my first question post here.

I have a real serious problem with this laptop because of its poor touchpad.

The pointer keeps freezing and when trying to scroll up or down on internet browser, using two fingers would stop working all together all the time! lol

I had updated its driver a couple of times since its purchase in March of 2015 in hopes that it would somehow fix this problem but they did not!

I saw here posted some Bios update would solve this problem but I am not that tech oriented to try that. If that only happens to be the solution for the problem, then I would like a step-by-step instructions clearly describing it please... I have heard many BIOS update horror stories before. lol

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Natey2
    Natey2 Member Posts: 23 New User

Go into BIOS Setting and change te setting for the touchpad from "Advanced" to "Basic".

Solved the problem on my E11.

• SungChung
    SungChung Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Thank you for your reply. 

I did the setting changed in the BIOS to Basics and tested out. 

But unfortunately, it did not make it better.

Well, I lost the scrolling with the touchpad with the Basic setting and the pointer eventually froze as before.

I don't believe the issue is with anything software. 

Even the tech support at the Acer told me to send it in for repair because they believed that the issue was hardware.

Unfortunately, I am out of warranty for about 6 months. So they asked me to pay for the repair but it was too much for just touchpad repair. It's not that big of a pain for me though because I use a wireless mouse most of time anyways. But the lesson I learned from this experience is that when you find a problem( even a minor one) with a purchase like this, remember that I only have one year to fix it.

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Check your computer's touchpad settings, I don't know which you have, but try seeing if you can find a solution. If that doesn't work, please give me your ENTIRE model # so I can try to find a better driver, if the Acer one doesn't work. If that doesn't work either, you might need to buy a new one and have a local repair shop to install it, or install it yourself.