Acer Aspire E1-571 Touchpad Scroll Not Working After Windows 10 Update! Help!!

Utinti
Utinti Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

My touchpad was working fine prior to the Windows 10 update (could scroll using two fingers and using the scroll area of the pad), but after it updated I have not been able to do this. I've contacted Acer and they've said it's something to do with an outdated synaptics driver which they they won't update as the laptop is out of warranty (whatever that means?)

Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be most appreciated as it's very annoying not being able to scroll!

Many thanks,

Utinti

Answers

• Ghost100
    Ghost100 Member Posts: 2 New User

You need to roll back your touchpad driver.
    The previous version works perfectly.

Right click Start button.
    Click 'Device Manager'.
    Double Click 'Mice and other pointing devices'.
    Double Click 'ELAN PS/2 Port Smart Pad'
    Click on 'Driver' tab
    Click 'Roll back Driver'.

The next problem is that Windows 10 updating of drivers and patches is mandatory, so Windows will keep updating you back to the latest incompatible driver. Click this
    DownloadDownload the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now. on the Windows page here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
    It's a Microsoft app that allows you to hide the update and stop Windows updating automatically from the driver you want.

Rocking Windows 10 problem free myself here on an Aspire E1-571 with no scrolling problems.

• hemispheres
    hemispheres Member Posts: 6 New User

touchpad scroll must be resett in control panel every time th pc restarts. No sulotion to this problem found anywhere.

• Ghost100
    Ghost100 Member Posts: 2 New User

The solution is the ShowHide Microsoft app I've linked above.  It will stop Windows 10 updating to the unsuitable driver each time the PC restarts.
    As it's intended as a tempoary measure, you'll still need to use the app to re-do the 'Hide', but only once every few months.