love my new Acer laptop, but there's a problem...

BilboB
BilboB Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

When I'm playing games that require moving the cursor across the screen, I normally rest my thumb on the bottom left corner of the touchpad, in case I need to left-click. When I move my index finger across the middle part of the touchpad, to move the cursor, I really move my whole hand, so the thumb moves too. On my old laptop (Lenovo), the cursor moved even though both my index finger and thumb were moving across the touchpad. On my Acer, however, the cursor doesn't move if the thumb moves with the index finger (if the thumb is resting on the touchpad but not moving, the cursor will move).

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Answers

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to hear of the problem you are having.  Please let us know which laptop model you have so we can move your message to a better location.

Thanks!

• BilboB

It's an Aspire E5-575G.

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Touch pad settings- advanced mode or normal.  Bios has the settings for your preferance.  Adavanced acts like a tablet, 2 and 3 finger moves atc. Basic is old style touchpad.  Adjust to your preferance.

• BilboB
    I don't see an Advanced button in the Touchpad settings window. Do I have to do it in the BIOS?
  • Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Yes, in Bios.  Reread- setting in Bios. Basic or advanced modes.  Tweak to your liking along with the adjustments in windows 10 itself.  Just use the cortanna search on bottom left, type in touchpad and select the touchpad option in box that pops up on left. again adjust to your liking. Personally I use a wireless mouse normally and touchpad in basic (old school) mode for the few times I'm just quickly checking something.