loud noise coming from upper left keyboard during start up. Need explanation. (Aspire E-14)

arifarif
arifarif Member Posts: 2 New User

I just got myself Aspire E-14. I realized that every time during start up, loud noise can be heard from the upper left side of the keyboard. 

1. What is the hardware at the upper left side of the keyboard?

2. Will the noise do any harm to the laptop?

3. Is it fixable?

4. Is there anyone here have the same problem?

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

1. Usually, that is the sound of the fan, as the other compoments usually are quiet.

2. If it is doing that sound ONLY during startup/shutdown, or is quiet while the computer is idle, it should be fine. If you hear clacky sounds, then you should try to open the computer and clean the part. Also, overheating can be possible, but that's only if airflow is blocking the fan. Highly unlikely the fan is broken usually...

3. Depends if the computer is made that way, and what is hitting the fan(possibly).

4.I used to have that problem, but it was just overheating because the fan was blocked, so air could not cool the computer.

• arifarif
    arifarif Member Posts: 2 New User
    Is it possible for a new laptop to have its fan blocked?
  • benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

It is highly unlikely, and I really doubt it, but yes, it is possible it could have its fan blocked by something during the assembly, shipping, or whatever during the process. And also it could be broken, but I very HIGHLY doubt it would be the case.

• erosarriving70
    erosarriving70 Member Posts: 7 New User

Definitely gave you kudos because it appears this is my issue too! (I think I owe the OP some thanks too for that 'upper left' description.)