Touchpad won't work on Aspire E 15 Start after installing Windows 10.

benshrop
benshrop Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought an Aspire E 15 Start laptop with Windows 8. When I installed Windows 10 the touch pad quit working. I have installed the Windows 10 driver for the touch pad, but it still does not work. What can I do to get it working again?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Did you make sure it did not get disabled by inadvertent key strokes? Try enabling it by pressing Fn + F7. If that does not fix it, can you look in Device Manager and see if you have any exclamation points are remarks in the sections for Mouse and other input devices or Human Interface Devices and report back with your findings?

• Jacksoftd61
    Jacksoftd61 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everyone, here's what I did that solved my problem.

after installing windows 10, go to acer.com to download the touchpad driver and install it. 

after the installation is done restart your computer and wait for the start up screen and hit f2 to go to the bios.

once you're in the bios go to main, go down on touchpad and double click it to show the option which is advanced and basic finally select basic and f10 to save. Voila!! problem solved forever. Youre' welcome. Have fun!