My acer aspire E1-510 will not power on

parity78
parity78 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop, aspire E1-510P will not power on. A blue light will come on for a few seconds then it shuts off. What is the problem & What can I do to fix it?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

On Acer Aspire notebooks, blue light indication has different meanings depending on whether you are using your laptop on battery or by connecting it to a power adapter. To know more, the following link can be helpful:
    http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9674/~/how-does-the-battery-indicator-light-on-my-acer-aspire-notebook-work%3F

In your case, it is recommended to check if there is any issue with the battery. To do this, remove the battery from your laptop and connect the laptop directly to power adapter. If the laptop works fine now, there may be some issue with the battery. To confirm this, you can try using another battery (if possible) and see if that resolves the issue.

Hope this will help you.

• Worlddiver
    Worlddiver Member Posts: 2 New User

I have exactly the same problem.

Following behavior:

I turn on the notebook. The On-LED goes on blue. After about 6 seconds, it turns off again. The screen remains black and off at all times. I have already tried with another A/C adaptor, with and without the battery pack, pressed the on-button for (several times) like 20 seconds (after I do that, additional to the On-LED, the HDD-LED goes on as well but goes off too). I can even hear the harddisk driving up but also stopping again. The fan is working too. I also have already removed the RAM and placed it again - correctly - in its bank.

What else can I do to bring it back to work?

Device: Acer Aspire E1-510-28204G50Mnkk

Model No: Z5WE3

MFG Date: 2014/02/18

S/N: NXMGREZ019*******

SNID: 40803555934

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• B-A
    B-A Member Posts: 5 New User

I just want to bump this as I'm having the same issue on an E1-571

• KalieRose
    KalieRose Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone with this model found if a new battery would solve the problem? It's been a pain since I'm a student and can't take my computer with me anywhere unless I have the cord and an outlet.

• BookWorm
    BookWorm Member Posts: 1 New User
    parity78 said:
    My laptop, aspire E1-510P will not power on. A blue light will come on for a few seconds then it shuts off. What is the problem & What can I do to fix it?
    I have the exact same problem. Tried everything that's been suggested in the thread, nothing worked

Must note that few days prior to this it wouldn't shut down - was stuck in some form of sleep mode (hitting any key would make it boot and the power indicator was blinking orange).
    Also had the same issue in the past, not sure what fixed it
  • TiPz1992
    TiPz1992 Member Posts: 1 New User
    What is the solution to the non power up blue light comes on then turns of