E5-575G-527J hdmi port doesn't work

demxa
demxa Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, everybody. I've bought Acer E5-575G-527J in December. It is Acer refurbished notebook from Amazon. And it still looks like new one. I was in Windows Insider program from January until the release of Creators Update. Now I'm at stable version. At the end of February, I understood that HDMI port doesn't work. I'm pretty sure that this is program issue. It just stopped working suddenly. When I plug in HDMI port my TV indicates that there is some connection on HDMI port(in the menu of the TV). I've tried with another TV and HDMI cable but the screen was always black. Built in screen keeps working. I am not able to project it to any other screen. 

I've performed clean Creators Update installation. I've tried to install Intel's last graphic drivers (Acer portal's display drivers are old, but HDMI port also doesn't work with them) manually by deleting Microsofts drivers from device manager. Nothing works.

Does anybody have such a problem?

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I never used the hdmi port on mine yet but have had issues on my desktop detecting correctly. There are two issues your fighting that I can think of, internal intel CPU graphics vs the nvidia discrete graphics and default monitor output. On the desktop I could and did just disable the on chip graphics forcing all video thru the nvidia card. As for default display I had to power up pc after display was on looking for input but fast enough so as to not have display time out. Once detected display never turned off, just goes into sleep mode and wakes when pc turned on. In your case I don't think we can turn off graphics but we can trick source output. Try this? Laptop ready to power up, monitor plugged in. There's a strong magnet in laptop panel lid near web cam that triggers a switch near touchpad to let system know lid closed. A paper clip will show location. On spot near touchpad place a small magnet to trick system into thinking its closed so when you power up default video out routes to hdmi port. I know sounds silly but easy test to try. I thought of just tap power and close but pretty sure the bootup  will detect was open when you pressed power up and turn off display before windows loads. I know thinking driver or faulty port and I am crazy but the bios on these laptops are so locked down many of the features are not selectable but hidden / present none the less and creative work arounds sometimes solve issues. 

• demxa
    demxa Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the response. Hdmi was plugged in to external monitor and power offed laptop. I found that place near the touchpad and placed there small magnet, then bigger and finally a lot of magnets. Built-in display worked as usual. Issue is not solved