E5-574G windows 7 driver

jinkecik
jinkecik Member Posts: 3 New User

hi sifus,

i just bought new laptop brand acer aspire, model (E5-574G-7417).

i downgrade the OS from win10 to win7. after fresh install done. installing all driver, i got stuck with wifi error code 10. hope can help me.

device status : This device cannot start. (Code 10)

hardware ids :
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_080611AD&REV_30
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_080611AD
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&CC_0280

thanks

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If you don't need Windows 7, you should go back to Windows 10.

https://www.stardock.com/products/start10/

If you don't like Windows 10 because of the interface, install Start 10. It will give you a great start menu and after a while you won't miss Windows 7.

• jinkecik

its not about like or not. u are not answering my question. i downgrading because of some of software not compatible with 10. 

• philetus

Acer designed this laptop for Windows 10. Acer doesn't support Win 7 on this laptop. There may not be a Wifi driver that will support Windows 7 and I doubt if Acer will have one designed.

This laptop has the same Wifi. Try the suggestions here. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/installed-windows-7-64-bit-on-Acer-Aspire-E5-573-but-drivers-for/td-p/381731

• jinkecik

i already test that driver before asking here...yep its not working.

• philetus

From a comment on this laptop at Amazon " Also, if anyone is wondering Windows 7 is supported. You just need to use drivers found on a similar spec laptop and everything works".

Undoubtedly he got the wifi working. I commented on his review, "what driver for wifi?"

If he replies, I will let you know. Find other similar laptops that have Win 7 drivers and try them.

I went through about 20 drivers once and found one that worked.