E5 574G Nvidia critical issue!! Need urgent help please!

Lecma4
Lecma4 Member Posts: 8 New User

I've bought (acer Acpire E5 574g) a few days ago on amazon, when i got it and opended it everything looked great.... the second day, nvidia expierence asked for an update, i updated the driver, after that windows started to crash when it boots and loads nvidia icon in tray...

i did the basic thing which is to uninstall nvidia and install latest version from nvidia site and here is my main problem:

I AM UNABLE TO INSTALL ANY NVIDIA DRIVER BECAUSE I GET THIS MESSAGE: "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

Here is what I have done but in vain:

1. Downloaded & installed Nvidia latest driver from their website it didn't work...

2. Downloaded & installed Nvidia previous verions from their website it didn't work...

3. Downloaded & installed Nvidia drivier for my lap top from acer support for drivers and it didn't work...

4. Tried latest nvidia driver with 32bit and it didn't work...

5. Tried latest nvidia driver for windows 8.1 and it didn't work...

6. Made windows reset twice and here i can see nvidia installed in control panel but it doesn't show in device manager...

7. Tried manually adding the "hardware ID" into the "nvami.inf" in installation directory, here it identified my hardware but it couldn't finish installation... | Then tried installing while disabling driver signature, and it also failed to install... :/

8. I updated the bios to the latest version (1.14) and it didn't help...

I need your help, please... Smiley Sad

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Are you wanting to know how to restore your PC to factory condition and just start over?

I would probably backup my important personal files and start over because it's sounds like you've got a major cluster......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuljT0a8F7I

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Lecma4

no man, i explained it in details, don't know where you come up with knowing how to reset windows!!

my problem is that i want to find a solution to my graphic card, all installatoins can't detect gpu!!

• JordanB

Ok sorry.  I was just trying to get you back to that first day when everything worked great.  

You could spend/waste hours trying to figure it out.  It might be one of those unexplainable flukes.

If I knew of a quick fix, I'd tell you.

I'm out of ideas sorry.

Maybe someone else can give you a suggestion.

• Lecma4
    Thank you for the try I wish I could solve it... Smiley Sad

I did Windows rest 2 times, when I go to control panel, I see nvidia there but it won't open... Another thing is that nvidia panel isn't showing up in mouse right click... And most importantly, nvidia doesn't show in device manager... If I check task manager, I see nvidia there but looks like it isn't working... Any ideas?
    Thanks
  • JordanB

In device manager, click on "view" and then click on "show hidden devices"

showhidden.PNG

• Lecma4
    I've tried that and it showed nothing
  • JordanB
  • Lecma4
    Does resetting the battery help with detecting gpu problems?
  • JordanB

If you follow that battery reset procedure, it will give you a true cold boot. 

Also, go in to your BIOS/UEFI settings and load the BIOS defaults (F9) and then save/exit (F10).

• JordanB

Did the battery reset fix it?  Any luck?

• Lecma4
    No it didn't work...

I realised new stuff along with my detailed research... Here's what's new, nvidia hardware id isn't listed in display driver properties... Bios doesn't show me nvidia card in system information, it rather shows only Intel graphic card... So I think it's a hardware issue... :/

I wanted to check advanced/configuration tab in bios but looks it's looked, is there a way to get to it? And are there any helpful options there in order to check my nvidia dedicated hardware?

Thanks,
  • JordanB

If you set a supervisor password in the BIOS, it will unlock a handful of advanced features, but not sure which features it unlocks on your model or if it will be anything useful.

Try giving Acer a call.  Maybe they'll know what to do.