BSOD problem Acer E5-575G-53DY

Nico_2812
Nico_2812 Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello guys. I have a problem with this bsodScreenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

They happen in different situation.... when pc is in idle too (i was downloading a steam game).

As you can see, they seems to be caused by the same address.... faulty driver? I have had this problem since i have bought it from amazon, but upgrading bios to 1.23 had resolve the problem for 2 months .... but now i have bios v1.25 and Windows 10 Creators Update. Some ideas?

Best Answer

• Nico_2812
    Answer ✓

I want to update this thread with a solution. I send the laptop in RMA to Acer. They replaced motherboard and CPU; now the problem has gone. Thanks to all for the help gived to me. For anyone who have the same problem: send laptop in RMA.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

can be a faulty ram module too.

run the windows memory diagnostics and check if any error is reported.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Nico_2812

Runned it.... no problems detected

• IronFly

download this tool, whocrashed (it's similar to bluescreen view but a little more detailed):

http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe

before running it, browse to C:\windows\minidump
    delete all files apart the first 2-3 files (newest)
    then install whocrashed and run it
    click on Analyze
    report here the result.

• Nico_2812

On Fri 28/04/2017 20:32:44 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042817-23140-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16BF70)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFD68C061B8B60, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802EAA5ECDF)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 28/04/2017 20:32:44 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFD68C061B8B60, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802EAA5ECDF)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 28/04/2017 16:57:49 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042817-40875-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFF89009C9E0AF0, 0xFFFF89008F207360, 0xFFFFF8031A3F8357)
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.

On Fri 28/04/2017 14:13:04 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042817-46296-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x18 (0xFFFFD98E6C8B5A20, 0xFFFFD98E740946B0, 0x1, 0x1)
    Error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
    Bug check description: This indicates that the reference count of an object is illegal for the current state of the object.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

I have had a crash at 20:32 (italian hour) when i try to make a game in Tom Clancy's Rainbow six siege... BlueScreenViewer reminds to nvlddmkm.sys+1bcf55

• IronFly

about the last crash is nvidia drivers error, so i would update it to the latest.

do an Intel graphic driver update too and i don't mean using the drivers at Acer website but from nvidia and intel websites.

about intel you can use the Intel software to check it:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

you will need to uninstall the Intel graphic driver from device manager and choose to uninstall software too if prompted.

• Nico_2812

i will give a try now.... the nvidia driver is the last one... i will try to unistall it and install again

I saw in the internet that many users with windows 10 creators update have probem with nvidia notebook cards.

EDIT: I have update now the intel graphics card... i will let you know if i have another bluescreen. Thanks in advantage for help Smiley Happy

• Nico_2812

Another BSOD

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 29/04/2017 14:39:17 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042917-23609-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8E00B11FE100, 0xFFFF8E00B11FE058, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

On Sat 29/04/2017 14:39:17 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: igdkmd64.sys (igdkmd64!hybDriverEntry+0xAFCAA)
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8E00B11FE100, 0xFFFF8E00B11FE058, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_4ac0038ddc82c1c6\igdkmd64.sys
    product: Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows(R)
    company: Intel Corporation
    description: Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation).
    Google query: Intel Corporation KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Seems that there is a problem with HD Graphics driver.... I followed this procedure to install driver: unistalled the old one from device manager, it tells me to reboot but i dont make it (wrong), and installed the one from intel site for hd 620... some ideas?

• IronFly

uninstall the Intel graphic drive again from Device manager, tick to uninstall software too, then reboot and let windows re-install it automatically.

if you are using wifi, can you please set your laptop on airplane mode (check if wifi is really turned off) and let it sleep for 1h, then check if it BSOD again.

• Lgordon225
    Lgordon225 Member Posts: 3 New User

you would have to put the actual memory dumps on a server and post a link.
    Ie copy the files from c:\windows\minidump directory
    and the file c:\windows\memory.dmp
    to a server an post a link so they can be looked at.

• Nico_2812

here is the link for minidumps

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwfVTG5eq2ZCaVVTMHRPVGx4bkU

memory.dmp is too large for my connection to upload it in few minutes. it will take a lot of hours... hope that minidumps are enough

• Nico_2812
    Answer ✓

I want to update this thread with a solution. I send the laptop in RMA to Acer. They replaced motherboard and CPU; now the problem has gone. Thanks to all for the help gived to me. For anyone who have the same problem: send laptop in RMA.