Aspire V5 Cursor is missing v5-571p-6604

AshBar
AshBar Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
My cursor disappeared and I don't have a mouse to use and using only the touch screen is really difficult. I tried fn+f7 but it didn't show back up. Any other suggestions on getting my cursor back up? Thanks!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer

Hi,

You could try a reboot, if that doesn't help, try a battery reset, follow the instructions in the video:https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

• AshBar
    The reboot didn't work and my battery is removable so there isn't a reset button Smiley Sad
    I even downloaded the touchpad driver from the website and it's not recognizing it.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer

Hi,

OK, disconnect from mains, take out the battery and press Power button for few seconds, leave the laptop to rest for a while(few minutes), reconnect everything and try starting.

Could you please post the full model name, like V5-xxxx.

• AshBar

v5-571p-6604

• Mono
    Mono Member Posts: 21 Networker

could you please share me whole modle No so that i cant help to change the settiing in BIOS page 

• TaraStar29
    TaraStar29 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Could you help me solve the disappearing cursor issue for a Aspire V5-571P. I'm running Windows 10. The cursor has come back in the past when machine was rebooted but no longer.
  • DBruce
    DBruce Member Posts: 1 New User
    My ACER is fully charged.  The desktop appears when I open it up after being shut down and pin entered ...
    BUT
    there is no cursor visible even when moving finger all over the touchpad.  
    I can use direction keys and TAB to select some things, but not all.
    At any rate cpu is pretty useless w/o cursor!

I tried the Fn-F7 idea from above.  It did not work after many attempts.
    After playing around with other keys, the cursor magically appeared!
    WONDERFUL!
    But what do I do next time it happens?